Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
How many of you are addicted to a certain game, online or offline ?

Addicted as in you have played it nearly everyday for 2-3 hours or more since you started.

My vice is Runescape, started back in 2005 when a family member came around and was playing it. He was saying I am this level and that level, I have done this quest and that quest. My reply was I will show you how to get this level and that level and do this quest and that quest, now I cant stop playing it, but I think he has.

So many games have fallen by the wayside that I really want to play, well not passed me by totaly, I have them all here most installed on my Mac or in Bootcamp or on Steam, well the few I bought from Steam.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Skyrim. Bought it when I finally jumped on the XBox 360 bandwagon last summer. Already played it through twice, second run including all the DLC. Even if I'm not playing it, I listen to the music (have a channel of Skyrim music on Pandora for listening to at work), have an e-book of all the in-game books on my Kindle app, and check out all the mods on youtube, even though I am unable to enjoy them first hand (iMac, no bootcamp, not willing to WineHack).

Love this game to absolute bits. :)

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Well, World of Warcraft I guess. I did cancel last month to take a break for my other games but in the short time since I find myself missing it and will probably succumb to the temptation to play again before this month is out.

And then there is LoTRO which I also want to go back to as well.

No wonder I make such painfully slow progress catching up on my foolish backlog. Well, the backlog isn't foolish in honesty. I am.

Leonavice

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
WOW. 7 years of non-stop raiding.

Until a baby comes along. That tends to kill all raiding...

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Skyrim. Bought it when I finally jumped on the XBox 360 bandwagon last summer. Already played it through twice, second run including all the DLC. Even if I'm not playing it, I listen to the music (have a channel of Skyrim music on Pandora for listening to at work), have an e-book of all the in-game books on my Kindle app, and check out all the mods on youtube, even though I am unable to enjoy them first hand (iMac, no bootcamp, not willing to WineHack).

Love this game to absolute bits. :)

Now that so far is dedication to a game, I keep loading up RPGs I have and think right I am playing this one to see everything, go everywhere read everything, do all quests, do all sub quests etc etc, but it never happens. The other day I thought that is it, everything Runescape is being removed from my machine, but guess what ? Next day I am back playing.

What is it about this stupid game that keeps me hooked in ?

Is that Pandora as in the open source handheld ?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Team Fortress 2 on Bootcamp. I don't play it that much (maybe a few hours a week now) but it's my go-to game, and if I wasn't so busy I'd play it more. I'm proud of my item list too slowly built up over the years - Oculus Rift hat, Bill's hat, Tux, Earbuds, Primeval Warrior, loads of Strange weapons, Cheaters Lament etc...

I'm playing more Fire Emblem: Awakening at the moment because 1) it's an amazing game, probably one of the best I've ever played 2) handheld!

I like a game of Left4Dead 1 or 2 with friends at the weekend. All campaigns+non sober mind is a good way to hilariously burn a few hours.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Pandora internet radio. It's like Spotify, Slacker, Last.FM, etc. They've got music from Skyrim, Morrowind, Halo, classical remakes of old faves, and chiptunes from the classics. Makes a nice diversion at work while I'm working on reports. :p

Oh, OK thanks.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Another WoW player. I have been playing it since it came out but I only average a couple of hours / week now (it's still the only game I have an interest in ATM).

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I'm addicted to games in general. Everyday I sit down and make a decision of what I'm going to play today. A lot of time its Smite. But sometimes I mix it up with some total war or some other fantastic series.

Confusius

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
New York
XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Which doesn't make sense as a title anymore, since I've sunk close to 145 hours into it since getting the game in late 2012 (Steam keeps count for me). It's a fantastic game and I can't seem to get bored with it. I'll run it 3 or 4 times a week for a couple of months for 1-2 hours each night, then give it a rest, then come back to it some weeks later.

BoxBrownie

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Like most of the people, WoW is the one for me. I probably play an hour or two every day depends on raids or if I feel like leveling a new character. It's a good game.. :D

Red Cube

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
Doom with the Brütal Doom mod. Right now I'm trying to stay off it by buying the games I've wanted for a long time, but I know it's going to come back into my life someday. I would get on my computer to play a certain game, and end up playing Doom for hours.

I have 90 hours on GMod (my copy broke for all of fall and winter, so 30 of those hours have been in the past few weeks) which is a lot for me, since I usually skip around my gaming library during the week/weekends. I have 21 hours in L4 D2, 23 hours in CS:GO (it's on a partially shared computer, and I got ~20 of those hours within the first 2 weeks of buying it) 52 hours in Nuclear Dawn, 146.5 hours total in the half-life series (hl1, hl1:eek:f, hl1:bs, hl2, hl2:dm, hl2:lc, hl2:ep1, hl2:ep2) and 13 hours of portal 2. In total, my Steam library has a total of (not including deleted games) 382 hours and 15 minutes. Over 382 hours and 15 minutes in 2 years. Damn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.