Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is nearly finished decorating the Moscone Center for WWDC 2013. Work began two days ago with giant Apple logos on the outside of the building, as well as large horizontal and street pole banners.

Spotted on some of the banners inside the Moscone Center is the tagline 'Where A Whole New World's Developing'.

Thanks to MacStories for the imagery.

moscone.jpg
Workers are also preparing the banners that have sometimes been covered with black sheets pre-Keynote in past years.

Update: MacStories has taken a new photo that appears to show a first-floor banner concealed with a white sheet instead of the black sheet that has been seen in prior years.

whitebanner.jpg
New this year are banners on the newly renovated Metreon shopping center across the street from Moscone West. The building houses a popular movie theater complex, a newly-added Target store, and a number of restaurants.

metreon.jpg

Article Link: Apple Close to Finishing WWDC 2013 Decorations

ryuok

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Hong Kong
The lack of leaks must be a result of Tim Cook's doubling down on secrecy, or dumbing down of the product team. I doubt it's the former.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Those are not new iOS icons! Those are Mac Mini's and Apple TV's in different colours. "The colour revolution is here... again" :eek:

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
Maybe when you build folders in the iOS you will be able to customize them with color. That's what all the colored icon styled squares remind me of.

ENduro

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008
Detroit, MI
It's AppleTV being opened up to devs.

Look at the graphics, looks like an AppleTV puck to me. "A whole new world" for developers? Finally, we're getting 3rd party apps.

HussamRaed

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
If iOS 7 goes this way, I will be more than happy to upgrade. This looks super clean and new.

0_BAlbRff4JHhXst2.jpg

Credit goes to medium.com.

tdmac

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
Those are not new iOS icons! Those are Mac Mini's and Apple TV's in different colours. "The colour revolution is here... again" :eek:

Not ATV's and Mini's in different colors but the ATV (Apple logo on rounded icon) open for apps, which are depicted as the colored rounded icons. i.e. where a whole new world is developing.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Look at the graphics, looks like an AppleTV puck to me. "A whole new world" for developers? Finally, we're getting 3rd party apps.

This is what I've been thinking too, on both accounts. Apple TV apps are kind of overdue as well. It's an obvious direction for Apple. It'd make the Apple TV a pretty strong platform in an instant. Apps aren't just TV related stuff, but games too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.