Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc_2013_app_icon.jpg
Apple has updated its WWDC app with a number of bug fixes, including a fix for an error that caused videos to stop playing over AirPlay after an interruption and a fix for a disappearing events navigation bar. Here's the full changelog:
Thanks for all the great feedback. This release includes numerous bug fixes:

- Videos now continue to play over AirPlay when the device locks or after interruptions, e.g., a phone call
- When playing videos, the audio ringer switch no longer mutes audio
- Favorites in Events go all the way to 11 PM
- Duplicate section headers in the videos list no longer appear
- The navigation bar in Events no longer disappears
- Blurry text in session details has been corrected
- Version information has been added to augment future bug reports or feedback

To get the most out of the WWDC app, make sure you sign in with your Registered Apple Developer account. If you're not a Registered Apple Developer, you can still use the app -- just tap Cancel when you're prompted to sign in.
Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference is set to begin next week. The company is expected to unveil several new products at the event, including iOS 7, OS X 10.9, new MacBooks, and its rumored streaming music service.

WWDC is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates WWDC App with Bug Fixes Ahead of Next Week's Conference

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Apologies if this sounds a stupid question but is this app useful if you are not a registered developer but are interested in WWDC?

Cheers.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Apologies if this sounds a stupid question but is this app useful if you are not a registered developer but are interested in WWDC?

Cheers.

Sure. You can use it to view previous keynotes and other videos etc.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
The WWDC app had a lot of bugs? That's not a good sign...

The WWDC App always has a lot of bugs. LOL! It had a lot of bugs last year. Apple probably had to rush and add the ability to view videos of sessions since the conference unexpectantly sold out in 2 minutes!

Just wait until the conference starts and 250,000 people are trying to stream the video via the WWDC App at the same time! It is going to be fun! :)

Last edited:

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I hate how they have to release another WWDC app.. why not just update the existing one? Sheesh

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Supposedly the session videos will be released during the conference this year. Do we need this app to view them?

dlucks

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2007
Some of the bugs listed seem like retard rookie mistakes. Any app that Apple themselves put out should be 10x better than anything anybody else could develop...and should be friggin' flawless!

- Videos now continue to play over AirPlay when the device locks or after interruptions, e.g., a phone call

REALLY?!?! Wow!!

I love my iPhone...I've had one of every model...love my iPad...my AppleTVs...my Retina MBP...but I've gotta say: Steve WAS Apple and I'm afraid their best days are in their rear view.

Prove me wrong Tim-bo (please).

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Some of the bugs listed seem like retard rookie mistakes. Any app that Apple themselves put out should be 10x better than anything anybody else could develop...and should be friggin' flawless!

REALLY?!?! Wow!!

I love my iPhone...I've had one of every model...love my iPad...my AppleTVs...my Retina MBP...but I've gotta say: Steve WAS Apple and I'm afraid their best days are in their rear view.

agreed, it's just plain sloppy and inexcusable, but look at the buggy mess that the App Store itself has become since iOS6 and unfortunately, it all makes sense.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012

REALLY?!?! Wow!!

Looks like they in a hurry, that's a bad sign. Although the WWDC banners looks good, this icon is horrible and boring as hell.

Kludge420

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2009
I remember when Apple programmers were some of the best in the world. Now? Not so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.