Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
I just found this in my Chrome image cache... but what IS it? :confused: :eek:

The source URL was some scrambled Apple URL which is now 404'ing...

Attachments

• springboard_stack_pub_asset_hd.png
    springboard_stack_pub_asset_hd.png
    436 KB · Views: 275

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Indeed it is. Question is why would you casually go through your image cache?

Trying to work out where I was earlier, as I cleared my web history... :(

----------

That's a standard promotional image for WWDC 2013. Nothing fancy.

... but the filename has "springboard" in it...

That's a standard promotional image for WWDC 2013. Nothing fancy.

I've not seen it elsewhere, have you?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Springboard is a lot a different things besides the name of iOS' main app. In web design lingo, it is commonly used as a placeholder or starting place image.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Springboard is a lot a different things besides the name of iOS' main app. In web design lingo, it is commonly used as a placeholder or starting place image.

Okay :). Just seems a slight coincidence, since iOS uses a "springboard" launcher, right?

Also it says "_stack..." - there's stacks in OS X - is there any correlation, do you feel?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
None at all. Stacks is likely the name of the image that is given for internal purposes.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
None at all. Stacks is likely the name of the image that is given for internal purposes.

So, nothing to do with there being a stack of icons, and a springboard being iOS' traditional launcher name? Do you work for Apple, and if so, do I sense denial? LOL! :D

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Apple's internal web marketing team likely calls it a "stacks" image, because it looks like a stack of squares. The web team also likely has the "springboard" in the image name because it is the springboard/starting image for WWDC 2013.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Apple's internal web marketing team likely calls it a "stacks" image, because it looks like a stack of squares. The web team also likely has the "springboard" in the image name because it is the springboard/starting image for WWDC 2013.

Seems like much of a coincidence to me; I like!

[EDIT]

So, I wonder if there'll be a stack which you tap, that then fans out into a launcher... like on OS X?

clauzzz203

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Looks like it will be a demo image on apple's website for the new homescreen, can't wait to see the keynote, this looks quite interesting

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
I just found this in my Chrome image cache... but what IS it? :confused: :eek:

The source URL was some scrambled Apple URL which is now 404'ing...

I just compared this to the actual WWDC logo, and there are a few differences, so this is an all new image. Good find!

The apps are stacked in a different order, and by the looks of the blur it looks like a frame for some kind of animation (probably for this folder/stacks idea).

Do not dismiss this. This is a good find.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Or something OP created (or someone else did) in 5 minutes with photoshop. I'm not buying that this has any significance with iOS or OSX, just a promo image.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I put it in the Google search by image thing, but it didn't show it anywhere on the Web. :( Interesting though. Looks like it might be what folders will look like on iOS 7. Now they might use the stack OS X aesthetics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.