Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Just some pre-festivities fun; some banners I knocked up (not a "concept" :D ):

Attachments

• iOS_7_Matt_Oblong_Glaaass.png
    iOS_7_Matt_Oblong_Glaaass.png
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 209
  • ios_7_purp_basic.png
    ios_7_purp_basic.png
    679.2 KB · Views: 180
  • ios_7_purp_basic_dropshadow.png
    ios_7_purp_basic_dropshadow.png
    688 KB · Views: 192
  • iOStiles_Done_1.png
    iOStiles_Done_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • iOS_ICON_OLD.png
    iOS_ICON_OLD.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

msz7

macrumors member
May 27, 2013
Just some pre-festivities fun; some banners I knocked up (not a "concept" :D ):

well there's no transparency, and since you went along with the theme the invitations used you should've made the colors transparent, like in the invitation.
Also, for the last banner, you can barely see the 7 because it blends in with the color of the banner. And I think it's clear now Apple's whole design philosophy is changing towards minimalist, just like its hardware. (Thanks Jony! :D)

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
well there's no transparency, and since you went along with the theme the invitations used you should've made the colors transparent, like in the invitation.
Also, for the last banner, you can barely see the 7 because it blends in with the color of the banner. And I think it's clear now Apple's whole design philosophy is changing towards minimalist, just like its hardware. (Thanks Jony! :D)

Hang on - who said I wanted transparency?

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
I was wondering the same thing.

Can't have those banners casting aspersions on my super macho, manly man, masculinity.

People might think...well...you know!:eek:

:rolleyes:

Maybe it's the old insecurity about bright colours and rainbows that some people have; someone once told me that because I had a rainbow umbrella... I was "gay"...

Odd reactions... :----/

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Maybe it's the old insecurity about bright colours and rainbows that some people have; someone once told me that because I had a rainbow umbrella... I was "gay"...

...and so you hit him with your purse!

BA DA BOOM!

Cheap, easy joke...showing no class on my part.

This whole business of colors being gender specific strikes me as...dopey!

Just a day ago one of the nurses told me I must secure in my masculinity because I was wearing a pink dress shirt. Really!?

But it's true, I'm so butch I don't have to worry about those things.:cool:

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida

Can't have those banners casting aspersions on my super macho, manly man, masculinity.

Or perhaps I just don't like the color purple... I did, in fact, say "for my taste" and not everyone else's.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Only thing is, it seems to go against everything iOS 7 is rumoured to be. The banners have a rainbow gradient, drop shadows, glows, embosses.

Noting like Apple's flat, stark banners they put up yesterday.

Maybe try actually trying less if you see what I mean?! Then they'd look much better.

Just my 2¢.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Only thing is, it seems to go against everything iOS 7 is rumoured to be. The banners have a rainbow gradient, drop shadows, glows, embosses.

Noting like Apple's flat, stark banners they put up yesterday.

Maybe try actually trying less if you see what I mean?! Then they'd look much better.

Just my 2¢.

I think a few people are missing the point here; I'm not trying to emulate the official Apple artwork except for the colours, which I love.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I have the cool new 7 banner as wallpaper on my iPad but iOS applies this stupid gradient to it so the bottom third is gray, not white. I hope the get rid of that in iOS 7. If I want a white background, I want it white, not gray. :rolleyes:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Exactly! People are nutty these days about making some weird impression and in doing so, they look silly.

Odd reactions... :----/
Yes, because an umbrella that isn't one solid color clearly sends a message. To me it says, "****, I don't want to get wet!"

Good work on the wallpapers.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Exactly! People are nutty these days about making some weird impression and in doing so, they look silly.

Yes, because an umbrella that isn't one solid color clearly sends a message. To me it says, "****, I don't want to get wet!"

Good work on the wallpapers.

Thank you, that's very kind of you :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Or perhaps I just don't like the color purple... I did, in fact, say "for my taste" and not everyone else's.

That's true, as part of the sentence "too feminine for my tastes". Selecting the words carefully, are we?

And, of course, you have every right not to like the color purple. It was the reason you gave for not liking the color purple (the whole sentence) that generated the teasing.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.