Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pafell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Hello,

Some time ago Apple released MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0. I've installed it few days after it was released but it didn't go away from my Software Update section of Mac App Store.

Since then I "install" this update every few days, hoping that this time it will go away. But it doesn't.

I've contacted Apple Care by e-mail but all they suggested was to contact Apple Care by telephone. And I am currently not able to do that.

I was wondering whether encountered a similar issue and/or knows what to do about it? I know I could Hide the update but I would prefer to resolve the issue, not just hide it under the carpet.

Thank you in advance!

I have MacBook Air mid-2012.
OS X Version 10.8.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 21.42.11.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 21.42.11.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Some time ago Apple released MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0. I've installed it few days after it was released but it didn't go away from my Software Update section of Mac App Store.
It hasn't actually installed if it still appears. To make it install successfully, 2 things have to happen:
1. The computer should be on AC power.
2. Filevault must be turned off. If you're using FileVault, just decrypt the disk, install the update, then reactivate FileVault.

pafell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Worked! Thank you very much for your help :)

For future reference: before decryption, Mac is automatically restarting. But I needed to restart it again after the decryption finished.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.