Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
I'm trying to remove one silly grey line from the Music Controls on the lockscreen. It's the one that intercepts the volume slider and play pause ect. buttons. I've looked around quite a bit and have not made any progress. I know it's very minimal but it bugs me a lot as I use the Music Controls quite often on the go.

Before my screenshot let me just say I'm NOT looking for UINavigationBarShadow@2x.
I already know what it does. I'm looking for a different image and any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated :D

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=410270&stc=1&d=1367354022

Attachments

• IMG_0180.PNG
    IMG_0180.PNG
    499.8 KB · Views: 345

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I'm trying to remove one silly grey line from the Music Controls on the lockscreen. It's the one that intercepts the volume slider and play pause ect. buttons. I've looked around quite a bit and have not made any progress. I know it's very minimal but it bugs me a lot as I use the Music Controls quite often on the go.

Before my screenshot let me just say I'm NOT looking for UINavigationBarShadow@2x.
I already know what it does. I'm looking for a different image and any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated :D

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=410270&stc=1&d=1367354022
http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/819875-removing-thin-gray-line-lockscreen-music-controls.html

http://bit.ly/ZymusV

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
that thread didn't solve the problem?

No If you notice I posted on that thread earlier trying to revive it then just made my own. There's no fix on it, It just kinda drops off when you think they might be close. But thanks for the effort :) *thumbs up*
If anyone else has any ideas I'm open to any workaround for this stupid grey line lol
I'm very pleased to see I'm not the only one trying to accomplish this, nothing worse then trying to fight a war on your own, figuratively speaking of course ;)

busstonedfx

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2013
No no no, I'm with you man! I can't get rid of my line either!

I was posting for help on this thread earlier:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1559708/

My "that link didn't solve the problem" was directed at Zmanbaseball2 with his useless, smartass "**************************" link, the link to a thread that didn't find a solution

Last edited:

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
No no no, I'm with you man! I can't get rid of my line either!

I was posting for help on this thread earlier:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1559708/

My "that link didn't solve the problem" was directed at Zmanbaseball2 with his useless, smartass "**************************" link, the link to a thread that didn't find a solution

Oh lol that makes sense. I also got some people helping me on another forum and I'm going to start searching again in a min. Hopefully we can all have an answer soon. It's gotta be possible. It's just a little grey line ;)

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Unzip this and place it in Library/Themes/ then enable it in Winterboard.

Edit: I didnt read your post right. I dont think that line is themeable unfortunately.

Last edited:

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
Unzip this and place it in Library/Themes/ then enable it in Winterboard.

Edit: I didnt read your post right. I dont think that line is themeable unfortunately.

How can it not be. It's there, the image must be coming from somewhere.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
I think it might be a vector line of some sort, not an image. Not sure though, I'm looking for the answer though.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
So I've learned that its a script, not an image. If you tilt your phone it changes. I'm sure it would be possible for a tweak to turn it off but not winterboard. :(

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
So I've learned that its a script, not an image. If you tilt your phone it changes. I'm sure it would be possible for a tweak to turn it off but not winterboard. :(

That's awesome, at least we know what it is. So do you know where the script is?

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010

I knew that the volume slider knob does that but didn't know about that line being a script as well. How does it change? I can't see any difference. It's probably contained in the .artwork file just like all the different individual images that show how much of the siri mic is filled/unfilled as you speak. That's my best guess at least.

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
Ya I've basically fixed the problem with that new tweak "FullScreen AlbumArt" Covers it up to the point it's not a bother anymore. Plus I've been wanting a tweak that does just that for years ;)

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
Well I've tried just about every image in the UIImages so I'm pretty sure it's not there. The only ones I didn't test are the ones I already know (Which make up the majority) and a few that couldn't be what we're looking for. There's probably an Apple employee somewhere snickering over this damn line. So I guess it's either really deep in the root somewhere or it's actually a script or part of one.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I also see that grey line, but randomly. If I pull down the nc and back up again, it's gone. I have intelliscreen. I don't know if the line and isx are related.

5kylar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
It's a script for sure. The white part of the line moves from left to right as you tilt your device just like the volume knob does it's reflective thing. Still have no idea where to find it in root though :/
Any ideas?

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
It's a script for sure. The white part of the line moves from left to right as you tilt your device just like the volume knob does it's reflective thing. Still have no idea where to find it in root though :/
Any ideas?

The new version of LockHtml2 tweak in cydia comes with an option to remove this line, although I'm not sure how it works. You could contact the developer and ask, he prob knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.