Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On this week's episode of his The Talk Show podcast, Daring Fireball's John Gruber shares (via The Tech Block) a few tidbits he's heard about Apple's plans for its new software being unveiled at WWDC tomorrow.

Gruber, who has a number of times in the past been able to share bits of information due to his connections within Apple, notes that he has heard very little about Apple's plans this time around but that one source has indicated "all the leaks are wrong" with respect to iOS 7.

ios_7_banner_graphic.jpg
Even Gruber is not entirely sure what that statement means, but iOS 7 has been widely rumored to be adopting a flatter look now that Jony Ive has replaced Scott Forstall in heading up the Human Interface aspects of Apple's software.
I know almost absolutely nothing. I don't think I've been this ignorant of what's coming, software-wise, for a keynote since the iPhone 1 back in 2007. Which is great...I'm super excited. [...]

The one thing I keep hearing over and over again from friends who would know is...the one word I keep hearing is that some of the stuff they're going to show is "polarizing".

And I also heard from somebody that just "all the leaks are wrong". Which is interesting. I have no idea what to make of it.
The keynote for tomorrow's Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off tomorrow at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. As noted in our rumor roundup, Apple will almost certainly be focusing the event on software with its upcoming iOS 7 and OS X 10.9, although the company may also introduce new services such as "iRadio" and new hardware such as updated notebooks and perhaps even redesigned Mac Pro models.

Article Link: iOS 7: 'All the Leaks Are Wrong'

Sam Yikin

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Wait a minute... All we know about iOS 7 is the new design and Flickr and Vimeo integration... what could really be "wrong" about those?

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
Gruber:
"What I've heard: iOS 7 is running behind, and engineers have been pulled from OS X 10.9 to work on it."

:rolleyes:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Finally a keynote where we basically know NOTHING! This is going to be exciting!!!!:apple:

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Have there been any actual bona fide leaks? All I see are mockups and people making the weird claim that it'll look more like Windows Phone. If anything, I'd bet it will look more like the Yahoo! Weather or Rdio on iOS. The only similarity to Windows Phone is a stronger emphasis on typography, though the information density is far higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.