Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Yes, OS X was released in 2000… OMG ROMAN NUMERALS THERE WILL BE A WATCH I TELL YOU!

Hey, genius.....if OSX was the reason for the roman numerals, why haven't other WWDC logos included roman numerals since 2000?

Geez, someone's a little pissy...

And I didn't say "THERE WILL BE A WATCH", just that I think its a possibility given Apple rarely includes large details like roman numerals or fonts in their logos/announcements for no reason.

We'll find out soon enough.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
Google handles that amount of youtube traffic because it's their business.

It's supposed to Apple's business as well. They have Apple TV and have had iTunes and the App store for how many years?

Not to mention the iRadio "Streaming" music service that is supposed to be announced today.

Apple just proved today that they are not ready for enterprise level cloud services and QuickTime should have been replaced with HTML 5 by now.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
It's supposed to Apple's business as well. They have Apple TV and have had iTunes and the App store for how many years?

Not to mention the iRadio "Streaming" music service that is supposed to be announced today.

Apple just proved today that they are not ready for enterprise level cloud services and QuickTime should have been replaced with HTML 5 by now.

:rolleyes:

You people crack me up.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
after using a Mac professionally for twenty years, it comes to this. If Apple doesn't announce a new Mac Pro, I will be moving on to Linux / Windows machines. It's a sad thing to think about, but I need more horsepower and expandability than what even the top of the line iMac can offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I freakin' hate working in Linux / Windows...

Mr. Cook has been infirmed of your disappointment and is reviewing the company's strategy with a special committee.

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
Is it working on a JB Apple tv? I remember that i was able to watch the event last year but i cant see the icon today.

Anyone with a JB apple tv can confirm that he can see the wwdc icon on his apple tv??

ady199

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Can anyone please tell me how I can watch this on my ATV 2 - I don't have an Apple Events Icon

Help!!!

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
after using a Mac professionally for twenty years, it comes to this. If Apple doesn't announce a new Mac Pro, I will be moving on to Linux / Windows machines. It's a sad thing to think about, but I need more horsepower and expandability than what even the top of the line iMac can offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I freakin' hate working in Linux / Windows...

Cook said a new Mac Pro would be coming this year....so you're giving up halfway in?

There will be another keynote you know.....one that hardware is announced at as well.....

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
No. I wish they put it out on all computers like any other normal company.

Google puts Apple to shame with Apple's limited streaming capability.

How many people have Apple TV's at work and how many people have Macs at Work.

Apple can't handle the load because QuickTime is a relic video technology that should have been been replaced with HTML 5 years ago.

Apple bashes Adobe for Flash then pulls this crap with proprietary software and limits it just to Apple computers which are in about 2% of all businesses.

Epic Fail on Apple.

Ha! work on a WWDC day, good joke!

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas

You seriously comparing ATV/iTunes with Youtube?
Dude, even if they don't broadcast anything every newspaper around the globe will talk about it. So much for an epic fail.

Nosrettap

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Can you pause the live stream?

This may be a ridiculous question, but can you pause the live stream? Like how DVR works?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
You developers who are in person today be sure to turn off your wifi and mifi devices. :p Just rewatched the iPhone 4 launch, and that part still makes me cringe. You could feel Steve Jobs getting angrier by the second.

enigma2118

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2006
Can anyone please tell me how I can watch this on my ATV 2 - I don't have an Apple Events Icon

Help!!!

If you have trouble, remember you could just mirror it to your TV from your iPhone or iPad. Just sayin'.

Man, I've been waiting for months, but this last hour and a half is killing me!!

ady199

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
If you have trouble, remember you could just mirror it to your TV from your iPhone or iPad. Just sayin'.

Man, I've been waiting for months, but this last hour and a half is killing me!!

Thanks whats the app called for the iphone?

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
You developers who are in person today be sure to turn off your wifi and mifi devices. :p Just rewatched the iPhone 4 launch, and that part still makes me cringe. You could feel Steve Jobs getting angrier by the second.
That was due to the iPhone 4's bad antenna, not used Wifi.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Thanks whats the app called for the iphone?

It's not an app - it's built into iOS. Make sure Airplay is enabled on your ATV (does the 2nd gen have that option?), then if you double-click on the home button on your iPhone and slide to the left, you will see a little Airplay icon (rectangle with a little triangle on it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.