Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aug 19, 2008
Great news! There's really no reason not to do this. Thanks Apple!

Actually, there's a reason... When they don't do it, all forums, blogs, websites, etc... try to cover the event, which make a lot of media coverage. They probably would have less if they do have a live stream.

But since a LOT of people are waiting for this keynote, they probably convinced enough the media coverage on blogs, forums, websites, etc... will still happen (and of course it will).

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Hi

Offtopic, but if u really do have chronic insomnia then i would like to recommend u to have a look at these

{snip}

Why cant u send an msg in these forums?

Probably to deter new members from sending unsolicited advertisements (aka SPAM) to member inboxes. :D

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Imagining people reaction when Scott Forstall joins Tim Cook on the scene and Tim says "I told you all the leaks were fake. We've doubled down on security" :D

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Actually, there's a reason... When they don't do it, all forums, blogs, websites, etc... try to cover the event, which make a lot of media coverage. They probably would have less if they do have a live stream.

But since a LOT of people are waiting for this keynote, they probably convinced enough the media coverage on blogs, forums, websites, etc... will still happen (and of course it will).

The press coverage will occur no matter what, just like you pointed out. I think Apple wants to convey its message directly and not have to rely on tech blogs to intermediate.

zgh1999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
YES!

SLIDE TO UNLOCK!!!!!

Apple will prove all doubters and haters WRONG!

I can't wait for Apple to announce the next REVOLUTION!

Imagine that -- an Apple new product category with holographic, 3D OS for TV for the living room.

SLIDE TO UNLOCK!!!!!!!!

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
The press coverage will occur no matter what, just like you pointed out. I think Apple wants to convey its message directly and not have to rely on tech blogs to intermediate.

Apple is choosing to only supply the stream via Apple devices.

That is not the way you convey the message directly. It's streaming it to those that already have access to Apple devices and many of us don't at work.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
Not sure whether to watch on my iPad or Macbook Pro. Do you reckon it will be streamed in HD? If so I will use the iPad I think.

What is everyone else going to use?

S

syd430

Good Guy Macrumors: live blogging the event but still makes plenty of references to the live video feed.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
MacBookPro13";17380564 said:
Not sure whether to watch on my iPad or Macbook Pro. Do you reckon it will be streamed in HD? If so I will use the iPad I think.

white people problems...

:p
i kid - i'm going to watch on my apple tv:D

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
MacBookPro13";17380564 said:

Watch on the MacBook!!
I'm gonna be watching this on my 55" panny :)

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Almost there guys! Enjoy the music while we wait :)))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
And the stream is live with music :D got a shock, as I had just browsed to the site earlier today, and it automatically started :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.