Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supermacguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
OK there it is! What do you think? IMO that's odd, design wise, but refreshing. Like a throwback to the old NeXT cube.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2003
Sign me up!

I have a lot to learn now about Thunderbolt expansion options, etc. I have a Mac Pro 3,1 with a bunch of SSDs and HDDs inside. Need to figure out how to get those external in a Thunderbolt 2.0 device.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
My connection cut out right as he introduced it and I came back after the intro video finished. Is all the physical storage done externally?

Simon R.

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Well, at least they didn't kill it off. But unfortunately no internal expandability. So I hope someone makes a great expansion chassis that will take both a pile of SSD's + PCI cards. That would be OK with me.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think its a little ugly and I'm a bit concerned about graphics (if this thing can't run an NVIDIA card I'm a little screwed) and expandability options (sounds expensive!) but I'm happy it exists at all!

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I gambled and I lost. Just bought 2x Samsung SSDs thta I was hoping to transfer over to a new Mac Pro and now that isn't going to happen. Plus do we all want external everything?

Also I use Adobe's video solutions and they NEED CUDA. Having only ATI chips soldered onto the main board screws us.

Garamond

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2004
Well, at least they didn't kill it off. But unfortunately no internal expandability. So I hope someone makes a great expansion chassis that will take both a pile of SSD's + PCI cards. That would be OK with me.
That'll be an acceptable option. Agreed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.