Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderBow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Now I know many of you won't be able to answer my question, but this thread is going out to anybody who possibly knows the solution.

I want to do livestreams from my iPod 4. Airplay is not compatible with it, and many of the "display an ipod on your computer's screen" services have to be paid for. My friend told me about Bonjour and how it can connect to other devices. My iPod is jailbroken and I have Display Recorder on it. Somehow, Bonjour can connect to Display Recorder and show a "live view" of my iPod on my Mac screen. However, when I go click "Live View", the screen just shows up black. Other people who use this method of screen recording don't experience the problem, but I happen to be experiencing it. Does anybody know how to fix the black-screen issue? Thanks!

EDIT:
I can actually control the iPod from the black screen. For instance, when I hit the "Home Button" on the live view simulator, I can actually go to the home screen, turn on the ipod, etc. I can also click and drag to swipe through the pages on my iPod. I just can't view it :/ any help would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.