Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vazzyb

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Cambridge, UK.
I downloaded it; its pretty buggy. Also the lack of gradients in UI elements makes it difficult to know whether you've pressed or not pressed an UI element and whether or not it is press-able at all!

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
This is probably a stupid question, but if I buy an iOS developer account, would I be able to download Mavericks, or is it limited to iOS? (Real question: Is it one master Developer account or two separate ones?) Thanks so much!
s

you would need a developer account for Mac too

Vazzyb

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Cambridge, UK.
The whole thing (including the new xcode) reminds me of what my old PC used to look like when it booted up in safe-mode and all the fancy UI was turned off.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
People with legit dev accounts, this might be a good time to remind novice users about the dangers of installing these beta versions on your everyday hardware.

Every year at this time there is an explosion of people wanting to buy a dev account and download the beta, but I'm not sure if it is clear how dangerous/damaging that could potentially be. Don't most of you have specific devices you use to test (I.E. not your daily driver iPhones)?

DanTheAppleMan

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
UK
ToCT8VB.png

Just too slow.
:'(

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Anyone willing to say what's in XCode 5? How about optimise imports or improved range of refactoring tools?

DanTheAppleMan

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
UK
I know this will sound crazy, but try restarting your browser. They are using cookies for load balancing and that backend might be down.

I have tried, but to no avail. Even the mighty 6.1 is no match for 'maintenance'.
I must say though, if only to irritate… Safari feels snappier :)

blirette

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Do you need to be a dev to install it or if I get my hand on the file i'll be able to install it?

Jarson

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2011
Glasgow
You need to have a phone that belongs to a developer account, otherwise itunes won't let you install the software.

I'm restoring my icloud backup now. Ohh it's taking ages!
But it's looking good so far!

Deedlez

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
UK
I admit it, I was jaded and doubtful going into today. I was worried that Apple would do a Microsoft and go all flat and monotone (Visual Studio 2012 is a thing of horror, their entire graphic design department must have committed group suicide when they saw the new icons they were asked to create).

Yet Sir Jony has kicked it out of the park - iOS 7 looks gorgeous. Although I do think Apple now needs a larger, Galaxy-sized phone, just to see off the competition properly. Ive and/or Apple delivered IMHO.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Um, how can you get a car without paying? How can you get new shoes without paying?

Stealing.

If ferrari was going to give me a free car in a few months, and I could get one now by duplicating one and leaving the original, I don't think anyone would have an issue with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.