Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clocksetbyfeel

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
California
Great Beta for iphone 5 but...

So far I really like the update, everything runs pretty smooth considering it's the first beta for ios 7. The only complaint I'm having is imessage isn't working for me. Iv'e seen other with the same issue. Any known fixes?:confused:

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
To close an app from the multi task screen 'double tap home' and swipe up

Note that geekbench isnt geeking

Dave

Thanks for posting that. I have been Banned from the Official Apple Developer Forums (but not the program itself) for a while now and could NOT figure out how to close out open programs until I read your post. You're a Life Saver.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Ive looked at an Android phone and thought "yeah, this looks cool." One strong advantage iOS had over Android was consistent sleek looks. I wish Scott Forstall back. iOS7 is unbearably ugly. It is not the simplicity (with elegance and function) that Ive applies to hardware. The icon design themes are inconsistent, and some of them like Reminders look like they belong to the beginning of internet and ugly even for that standard. I am disappointed with the looks.

I agree with you. I cannot stand using it. I regret updating to it. It doesn't feel "right" what a. disappointment :(

Lauscher

Suspended
May 13, 2006
Looks like the iPhone 4 misses out on some of the sfx features. Plus it looks like the gps isn't working according to the release notes posted.

ehh Im gonna give it a shot anyways lol.

Have you tried GPS on your iPhone 4? Would be a bummer if it's not working. My dev phone is an iPhone 4, but I can't loose GPS on it, because our app heavily relies on it.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Select all in photos?

Hi,

Could someone tell me if there's a select all type button/feature in the photos app?
Using my ipad (I know this is an iphone release but photos is photos, right?) for the first stage of importing photos from my camera, and it's annoying to have to do the two finger dragging to select them all for deletion.

Screenshots more helpful on this thread than most of the official sites, so thanks and keep them coming!

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I got an "access denied" page when I clicked on the 4S link from MacRumors, but was able to download the beta from the iOS Dev Center, no problem. Not sure what that's all about, but if anyone's having issues with MacRumor's links, just log into your developer account at developer.apple.com and get it from the iOS Dev Center.

----------

you wouldn't download a car!!!!

:d:d

3D printers are getting cheaper all the time.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I can't remember if last time Siri got the movies and sports additions before or after public release. Anyone remember that?

Yep, the new Siri databases were included from the first iOS 6 beta.

----------

Any idea when it will be released to the general public? Obviously it won't be for awhile but I'm hoping middle/late summer instead of Fall...

Probably around when the new iPhones ship. September or October.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
You cant say iOS 7 is ugly just because u dont get used to it. geez, this people :/

Actually I think you can do exactly that. If I see a girl at a nightclub all I have to judge her on initially is her looks, if I met iOS 7 at a nightclub she'd be the one you get your single friends to take home for a bet...

I like the look of much in iOS7 but those icons are just plain crap. Fanboys can make excuses for them but they are bad. This is my opinion and it seems many others too.

Yesterday I said a preview couldn't be right because even though Jony Ive isn't a UI designer he still understands design. Now I'm starting to think maybe Steve Jobs was the one with the eye for design. There are nice parts to iOS 7 for sure but the icons, which make up much of what you see much of the time are terrible and look like a pre-schooler did them, I'm not even exaggerating.

edwurtle

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
I like the look of much in iOS7 but those icons are just plain crap. Fanboys can make excuses for them but they are bad. This is my opinion and it seems many others too.

I like all the icons except for settings and safari.

Settings icon looks like star war's Sarlacc Pit. http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/2837...cters-People-Should-Cosplay-For-Halloween.jpg

I can live with safari's icon, the settings icon is to jarring imho. They should of went with a single simple gear instead of a 2-complex interweaving gears.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Looks like the iPhone 4 misses out on some of the sfx features. Plus it looks like the gps isn't working according to the release notes posted.

ehh Im gonna give it a shot anyways lol.

LOL, tell me how it goes for you im thinking of trying it on my iPhone 4, performance wise and all that

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
I like all the icons except for settings and safari.

Settings icon looks like star war's Sarlacc Pit. http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/2837...cters-People-Should-Cosplay-For-Halloween.jpg

I can live with safari's icon, the settings icon is to jarring imho. They should of went with a single simple gear instead of a 2-complex interweaving gears.

I think this is where the whole new UI seems confused - so you're going with a flat theme then try to make this multi-layered looking Settings icon, surely just a simple cog would work better in context? ie - something like:

blue-cog-hi.png

They seem to have had different people doing different icons to me, it's a bit of a mess.

*Edit: Not quite that large :D

albroon

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
Guys, i'm getting an iPhone could not be restored 4005 error trying to update via iTunes - any ideas? This iPhone 5 is in recovery mode

Dev account up to date.
UDID on file etc.

I've tried the iOS 7 beta file and clicking on the normal restore option to pick up 6.1.x etc but I get the same error message.

I've been using betas for a number of years and this is the first time that I've had any issues.

Cheers

snakes-

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
I have installed now IOS 7 beta , i want now weather info on lockscreen i have seen some screenshoot but i dosent foundn the settings. can someone help?

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
I've been wanting to start developing apps for a while now but just haven't had the time or money. I now have the money and since iOS 7 is available for download I'm really tempted to spend the money and sign up. However, I love my jailbroken iPhone 5 and the custom theme I made. From reading this thread once you go 7 there's no going back to a jailbroken .ipsw, is that correct? My other question is should I wait for the second beta to be released to sign up and install or should I just do it now? My iphone 5 is my only phone so any suggestions / help is appreciated! Thanks!

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
i just signed up as an iOS developer for $99 in order to download the iOS 7 beta. for some reason, when i click on the download link, it leads me to a page saying that "your session has expired." does anyone know what's going on? i am pretty sure i am logged in and have added my iphone 5 to the devices list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.