Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
As you can imagine there are a lot of posts being made and we are just trying to organise things a bit and create single relevant threads about the topics.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
A number of threads were locked during the keynote due to over-lapping discussions. Some of the discussions were occurring in the keynote thread and others in the iOS 7 sub forum. Now that the keynote is off, the moderation team unlocked this thread The "I don't like iOS 7" thread

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Group,

All apologies if the moderation appears swift and without care for the users. We currently have over 33,000 users online, with many threads being created every minute.

We have been closing duplicate threads, and those that violate established forum rules here on MacRumors.

There are some negative threads, and Moderators have been reviewing some of the closed threads.

Currently these two are open in separate forums.

The "I Don't like iOS 7" Thread

Android is still way superior

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
As you can imagine there are a lot of posts being made and we are just trying to organise things a bit and create single relevant threads about the topics.

Group,

All apologies if the moderation appears swift and without care for the users. We currently have over 33,000 users online, with many threads being created every minute.

We have been closing duplicate threads, and those that violate established forum rules here on MacRumors.

There are some negative threads, and Moderators have been reviewing some of the closed threads.

Thank you for your swift response. I can understand the reasoning, I was just wondering.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Group,

Thanks to the mods for all the work they do. It would be nice if someone could actively monitor the iOS 7 thread and move redundant threads into the I don't like iOS 7 thread or the all the little things thread. :)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Thanks to the mods for all the work they do. It would be nice if someone could actively monitor the iOS 7 thread and move redundant threads into the I don't like iOS 7 thread or the all the little things thread. :)

As we are a team of mods, no one person can monitor all the new iOS 7 threads all the time. That's why we rely on post reports.

If you see any threads you think could be merged then please report these.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
As we are a team of mods, no one person can monitor all the new iOS 7 threads all the time. That's why we rely on post reports.

If you see any threads you think could be merged then please report these.

I do see some that belong in wasteland. :)

Actually it would be helpful if MR put up a front page post with the experience and feedback of beta testers who have been using iOS 7 extensively. I'm finding a theme that people who are using it a lot have a much different impression than those that aren't. Right now the iOS 7 forum is littered with posts/rants from people who clearly haven't spent any time using it. It's tough to get a good impression with all that negativity everywhere.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Why are all the negative threads being moved and deleted?

Say anything negative its deleted?

It's a message board and I can't post my opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
First of all: They aren't.

Second of all: If you have questions about specific cases of moderation, we're happy to explain if you follow the Forum Rules and send a Contact message.
One or more moderators is censoring (deleting) negative IOS7 feedback in violation of the owner's stated policy. It is obvious to anyone reading the IOS7 forums over the past 24 hours.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
One or more moderators is censoring (deleting) negative IOS7 feedback in violation of the owner's stated policy. It is obvious to anyone reading the IOS7 forums over the past 24 hours.

No one is moderating at odds with any of the forum rules, or at odds with any of the moderation practices that are accepted here. We are however attempting (as always, I should add, though more is always needed right after a release or keynote) to close threads that duplicate discussions already underway, combine similar threads, and do other moderation as necessary.

The circumstances that exist right now will die down in a while, and the iOS 7 section will reflect that.

In the meantime, if anyone has a question about why a specific thread or post was moderated, you can do as I suggest above: send a contact. We're happy to explain the reasoning, as long as it doesn't force us to violate the privacy policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.