Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I showed 3 girls in my first period, they went exploring on my phone lol and they liked it but one of them said it reminded her of androids. They also noticed the new camera filters and took pics with it. Also told them how to block callers and now they want it too lol (typical)

Showed some people in my gym class, they noticed the glitch for Vine where sometimes it won't load

Showed a guy in my english class, he didn't like it at all.

And some more I don't feel like typing but the general consensus is positive. I actually feel like I don't even have to jailbreak at all lol

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
I showed 3 girls in my first period, they went exploring on my phone lol and they liked it but one of them said it reminded her of androids. They also noticed the new camera filters and took pics with it. Also told them how to block callers and now they want it too lol (typical)

Showed some people in my gym class, they noticed the glitch for Vine where sometimes it won't load

And some more I don't feel like typing but the general consensus is positive. I actually feel like I don't even have to jailbreak at all lol

Everyone at my office found it hard to read and not very legible because the UI is soooo background dependent now.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Everyone at my office found it hard to read and not very legible because the UI is soooo background dependent now.

Surprising. Most people I showed I started off asking "Did you see iOS 7" and then I showed them and they would stare in awe and wonder how I got it. Kinda hard to explain y'know lol. I don't live in a particularly "smart" town so I would be going in circles

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle

Same here, I'd say it wasn't received well for the most part. Sure all the apple geeks that come to the forums like it but we shall see what the masses think.

Reelknead1

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
From what I've heard from people with my phone is:

- It looks a bit cartoonish
- Everyone likes the swipe up function to access general settings.
- People like the lock screen
- I've gotten the comment, its very android

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Surprising. Most people I showed I started off asking "Did you see iOS 7" and then I showed them and they would stare in awe and wonder how I got it. Kinda hard to explain y'know lol. I don't live in a particularly "smart" town so I would be going in circles

Oh, a lot of people were curious. But we passed it around, let everyone try it out, and the resounding response was this is just hard to read. Especially the home screen and lock screen. I can't even read the clock or the folder names.

My wallpaper on my iphone is a cutout of the center of:
FC-Barcelona-Wallpaper.jpg

I'd show you the phone, but the battery is already dead. iOS7 has just eaten through my battery today.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012

Most of my friends have some type of android phone. So they weren't impressed. Actually stated how they can do most of that already. The few I have showed that have iPhones, thought it was cool I had the new os. But they had an immediate wtf reaction once they used it. They weren't impressed either.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Initial reaction was poor. The colorful icons on the busy stock wallpaper were a poor choice. I'm not sure why they released the beta this way.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I've showed two family members and two coworkers. One coworker is an Android fanboy so he went out of his way to make a snarky comment about the Calendar app. The other coworker is an iOS 6 UI clinger, so he dislikes the look of 7.

My two family members were very impressed. One was relieved ("about time"-type reactions regarding the OS maturing), the other was amused with the whimsical UI/UX.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Remember the idiots that thought the first iPhone was an unusable novelty? They're the same people that initially won't like iOS 7.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA

How is it background dependent? If by background dependent you mean you can't have a background that's excessively white then that's a really stupid thing to complain about. Because it's the exact same way in iOS 6. Atleast for the springboard.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Remember the idiots that thought the first iPhone was an unusable novelty? They're the same people that initially won't like iOS 7.

People aren't saying its unusable. Far from it. Functionally looks amazing. Parts of the OS are just ugly.

Yeah Im gonna be "that guy" that says with absolute certainty that Steve would never ever have let this get shown looking like a child designed the icons. They just look juvenile.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
How is it background dependent? If by background dependent you mean you can't have a background that's excessively white then that's a really stupid thing to complain about. Because it's the exact same way in iOS 6. Atleast for the springboard.

As I showed in my example of the background, the background I use is not excessively white, but all text is not legible like it was in iOS6. Please read fully before addressing a post of mine.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
People aren't saying its unusable. Far from it. Functionally looks amazing. Parts of the OS are just ugly.

Yeah Im gonna be "that guy" that says with absolute certainty that Steve would never ever have let this get shown looking like a child designed the icons. They just look juvenile.

With all due respect to Steve, he wasn't exactly the pinnacle of good taste when it came to iOS apps - see Rich Corinthian Leather and associated skueomorphic nonsense that he and Forstall rode shotgun.

So saying "Steve wouldn't have let this get shown" really, really doesn't mean much. Steve was far from perfect, and his taste in texture/superfluous "ornamentation" (as Ive called it, in derision) was no exception.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I work on Draft Day (movie being filmed in Cleveland). None of the tech guys liked it and after using it today I switched back to ios6.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
As I showed in my example of the background, the background I use is not excessively white, but all text is not legible like it was in iOS6. Please read fully before addressing a post of mine.

Ah my mistake, would you mind posting an example of your homescreen/lockscreen. As I am unable to replicate the aformentioned flaw, assuming you already started charging the phone.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010

Nobody said iOS 7 was unusable. I was talking about the idiots that thought the iPhone itself was unusable when released.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Ah my mistake, would you mind posting an example of your homescreen/lockscreen. As I am unable to replicate the aformentioned flaw, assuming you already started charging the phone.

I've been playing with the wallpaper to make it better. This is after some work to the wallpaper to darken sections that were causing problems. Looks better here than on my phone, especially when just at a quick glance.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
I've been playing with the wallpaper to make it better. This is after some work to the wallpaper to darken sections that were causing problems. Looks better here than on my phone, especially when just at a quick glance.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/jetnC2v.png]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/ZkR95zC.png]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/7bd8TSN.png]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/5QDHPLo.png]Image[/URL]

The screenshot with "Weather" at the top makes it very apparent indeed. Well it's still in beta, something will probably be done about it anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.