Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
I didn't realize it until a minute ago when I wanted to tweet something and couldn't find it in my notification center. I thought maybe it was disabled by default, so I checked and nothing.

Am I missing something? Is it gone for everyone or did it just move?

Mafro

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
The option to add those widgets appears to have been completely removed from the Notification Center options.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
The option to add those widgets appears to have been completely removed from the Notification Center options.

And I really do hate that, I used it pretty much all the time to tweet. I barely even open the Twitter app unless someone mentions me.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
My guess is that it simply came down to prioritization of space. They probably have some data that shows most users go to the actual apps to post updates rather than using the share sheet in iOS 6 Notification Center.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
My guess is that it simply came down to prioritization of space. They probably have some data that shows most users go to the actual apps to post updates rather than using the share sheet in iOS 6 Notification Center.

I could see that being true, and it is still beta. They've removed and then re-added things based on feedback in the past. Panoramic mode popped up in an earlier version of iOS but wasn't really made available until iOS 6.

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011

I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information. It really appears to be a case of form over function.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information.

Personally I'd rather them take the GIGANTIC date out of notification center and the text weather information, I'd rather have some functionality out of it instead.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information.

Exactly.

NC is where they really botched iOS 7, IMO. There's way too much text, for one thing. Also, I used to go out of my way to remove Calendar appointments from my NC, now it defaults to something I do not want.

Also: why the hell would they get rid of the Weather and stock widgets? What is the point of removing at-a-glance info and replacing it with a wall of text? Major fail here.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Exactly.

NC is where they really botched iOS 7, IMO. There's way too much text, for one thing. Also, I used to go out of my way to remove Calendar appointments from my NC, now it defaults to something I do not want.

Also: why the hell would they get rid of the Weather and stock widgets? What is the point of removing at-a-glance info and replacing it with a wall of text? Major fail here.

Couldn't agree more, they also made the text HUGE with all notifications. I used to be able to see 5-6 notifications now I'm luck if I can see two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.