Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hello,

I'm just asking a quick question, I haven't seen these mentioned anywhere else. I have a few questions about minor features but ones that are important to me.

The keynote mentioned that mail has an upgraded search function, can I search for text in the body of a message? Often I remember a topic or keyword, but not who sent it. Or I know who sent it but have recieved fifty emails from that person in the meantime, making it a needle in a haystack situation. At the moment I use gmail in safari to search by keywords, but if I can do it natively, I'll be very happy.

Also, can I search through documents (pages, numbers) in spotlight? This is a bit of an annoyance at the moment because when I work on a project, I end up with multiple files split across multiple apps (a PDF in iBooks, contact list in pages, a breakdown in numbers). Searching in spotlight helps, but at the moment it does not include pages or numbers. Has that changed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.