Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have just installed iOS 7 beta 1 in my iPhone 4s and I don't really know why, but IT MAKES ME SICK!!

I think that it is a combination of the increasing number of animations, and the background moving all the time. There are al lot of reference points moving arround. I feel the same than when you travel on a boat.

The colors doesn't help too much, they are too bright and everything is white and ugly colorful and plain. I really don't like it at all.

I have made this image that represents what I feel:

I really hate the new color schemes, the animations, the 3x3 apps folders (3x3 really??), and the eye hurting ultra bright white menus.

For those who say that I'm not a designer... That's right, but I'm telling that this iOS version makes me feel bad.

To be a little bit positive, I love the new safari concept, with going back and forward pullers just like in desktop safari, the fullscreen mode, etc... But the white color scheme with those thin icons.. come on.... It is hard to see...

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I have just installed iOS 7 beta 1 in my iPhone 4s and I don't really know why, but IT MAKES ME SICK!!

I think that it is a combination of the increasing number of animations, and the background moving all the time. There are al lot of reference points moving arround. I feel the same than when you travel on a boat.

The colors doesn't help too much, they are too bright and everything is white and ugly colorful and plain. I really don't like it at all.

[url=http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8717/img5112copiae.jpg]Image[/URL]

I really hate the new color schemes, the animations, the 3x3 apps folders (3x3 really??), and the eye hurting ultra bright white menus.

For those who say that I'm not a designer... That's right, but I'm telling that this iOS version makes me feel bad.

To be a little bit positive, I love the new safari concept, with going back and forward pullers just like in desktop safari, the fullscreen mode, etc... But the white color scheme with those thin icons.. come on.... It is hard to see...
Cool man coooool

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Haha, well done. If it helps you can remove the dynamic backgrounds and make them static in Settings.

No you can't. You can put non animated backgrounds, but although they are "still" images, they move when you move the iphone using the giroscope with a 3d effect. And I haven't found how to disable it. It is so annoying.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Yup, no ever reaction here. Perfectly reasonable, calm, and sensible reaction.

I can't see why anyone would think that might be just a tiny over reaction to something of such importance.

Yup...no problem here...

GET HELP!

Last edited:

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
No you can't. You can put non animated backgrounds, but although they are "still" images, they move when you move the iphone using the giroscope with a 3d effect. And I haven't found how to disable it. It is so annoying.

Oh you mean the parallax effect, I thought you were talking about the dynamic backgrounds. Someone mentioned it would be able to be turned off, even though it looks like it's not in the current beta. Till then you can always just use a solid color background.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I must say that I'm extremely happy with iOS 7 after installing the beta on my iPhone 5. It'a a beautiful OS and I believe that Apple are heading in the right direction!

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
Turn off motion

To turn off the motion or at least reduce it. At least I think it does of my use

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006

thank you for being so clear with your bold words about how you FEEL

did you know that you could go into settings and then go to accessibility and then select reduce motion in order to calm down some of the effects and animations that make you feel so sick and bad?

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
To turn off the motion or at least reduce it. At least I think it does of my use

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion

Hey thanks!! It disables the motion backgrounds!
It still annoyying how it keeps all the time zooming in and out when you open folders and apps. It really makes me sick.

----------

thank you for being so clear with your bold words about how you FEEL

did you know that you could go into settings and then go to accessibility and then select reduce motion in order to calm down some of the effects and animations that make you feel so sick and bad?

Only some ;)

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Zooming when opening apps makes me nervous. It is slow and distracting. And makes me sick that I really want to throw up after some use.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Exactly! I hate android and therefore I don't buy android. I hate avocados therefore I don't eat them.

You don't like avocados!!! Oh the horror!! How dare you!!! ;) :p

There are some things I like with this and some I don't, but until I get my hands on it I really can't say. I think people forget that if they get this or not, life goes on.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Zooming when opening apps makes me nervous. It is slow and distracting. And makes me sick that I really want to throw up after some use.

drama-llama.jpg

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
The sad thing here is that all the new devices this fall will be released with this fisher price edition of iOS. Hopefully they will give us the open to turn things off.

I was looking forward to the new slimmer ipad like the mini.

Now I will be keeping ipad 3. Mixed emotion.

I love new products but sometimes changes are bad.

Off topic but I'm also jumping from Xbox to PS4. MS one is another ugly gadget :eek:

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Oh you mean the parallax effect, I thought you were talking about the dynamic backgrounds. Someone mentioned it would be able to be turned off, even though it looks like it's not in the current beta. Till then you can always just use a solid color background.

I hope it can be disabled. I don't mind it myself, but my wife is one of those people who gets sick (motion sickness?) when watching 3D movies or playing video games, like the OP is describing. It's not an overreaction, guys; some people are just really sensitive to that kind of visual effect. Drives me nuts TBH (my wife hates video games, which means no multiplayer deathmatches, etc) but it's not like she chooses to get physically ill when she sees my iOS7 springboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.