Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA
With iOS7, I've noticed that my all day events no longer appear within notification center. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get them to appear again?

However, I can see them within the Calendar app.

Thank you!

mainevent1536

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Massachusetts
With iOS7, I've noticed that my all day events no longer appear within notification center. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get them to appear again?

However, I can see them within the Calendar app.

Thank you!

In the NC, if you click on today and you have any events for the day, they will appear there. This also includes next day events.

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA
In the NC, if you click on today and you have any events for the day, they will appear there. This also includes next day events.
I've checked all three tabs and my all day events do not appear.
However, if they are scheduled for a certain time of day, they will appear. I'm quite confused by this.

mainevent1536

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Massachusetts
However, if they are scheduled for a certain time of day, they will appear. I'm quite confused by this.

Edit: I checked and not working for me either, might be a bug but would be interesting for anyone else to chime in.

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA

Here are my two settings screens:

7lZJEgV.png

XiQQMg2.png

Edit: I checked and not working for me either, might be a bug but would be interesting for anyone else to chime in.

Thanks for your help, glad to know I wasn't losing my mind!

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow still not working in the GM? I guess its not a bug then. It must be the way Apple thinks it should be. I for one would like to see my all day events in NC!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow still not working in the GM? I guess its not a bug then. It must be the way Apple thinks it should be. I for one would like to see my all day events in NC!
Yeah, seems like that's how it was designed for some reason. Doesn't really make much sense, but there it is. Or I guess could still be an obvious outstanding bug.

I guess closest thing you can do is set up an alert for the event and have that alert come up in the All part of Notification Center and use that as a reminder of sorts.

Milo66

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
Here its not working either. Hope this gets solved or added because otherwise Calendar in NC is useless for me. I have many all day items and a must have for me.

Melbieaz

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
This is really frustrating to me because half of my calendar items are all day events. Is there a better workaround for this, besides creating reminders?

ironscabula

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
I submitted a bug report and enhancement request regarding the lack of all day events in the notification center. Maybe if we make enough noise they will fix this. Seems like a major oversight

bigspooon

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Just want to throw in my dissatisfaction that all day events can't be viewed either. I've tried everything and can't get it to work.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Overall I really dislike the new notification center.

I don't want to read what time tomorrow morning my event is. I don't want to read the weather in written text. I want the next five events from my calendar to display, regardless of what they are, and I want an icon for the weather, with a temperature. That's it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Overall I really dislike the new notification center.

I don't want to read what time tomorrow morning my event is. I don't want to read the weather in written text. I want the next five events from my calendar to display, regardless of what they are, and I want an icon for the weather, with a temperature. That's it.
All of that has been already in use in the previous versions of iOS so it had to be changed for the sake of changing. /s

griffin99

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Same problem...

Have just updated to iOS 7 and generally quite pleased but the lack of all day events showing in the notification centre is a big issue for me. What I don't understand is that the tomorrow summary will give notifications such as "there are 2 all-day events scheduled"! Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Blindside

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
I landed here by googling this issue. That's complete idiotic.
I personally use all day events to do lists and reminders, so for me it is really idiotic. But to add injury to the insult, it shows this stupid text that tomorrow 3 all day events are scheduled. Well you stupid moron, instead of wasting space, tell me WHAT events are scheduled.

Being designed that way, notification center is useless. And why are they wasting so much space for the stupid whether being written?

Last edited:

Canezmd

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
This is a huge fail. Not getting All day events in notification center makes it useless for me.

Honestly, I think the whole "today view" is terrible. Weather is poorly integrated, calendar integration sucks... it has stocks and the time, but that's not really much of a "today view".

The old notification center was way better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.