Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi,
So with iOS 7 and stuff being released in the Fall should we expect to see an iPad Mini 2 around that time as well, really want to upgrade from my slowly dying iPad 1! but starting to struggle to wait, what do you reckon we will see and do you reckon its worth waiting for?

Cheers

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Hi,
So with iOS 7 and stuff being released in the Fall should we expect to see an iPad Mini 2 around that time as well, really want to upgrade from my slowly dying iPad 1! but starting to struggle to wait, what do you reckon we will see and do you reckon its worth waiting for?

Cheers

iPad 5 more likely than Mini 2 for a fall release.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
While you are likely to see the iPad 5 and Mini 2 this fall, if youre holding out for the Retina Mini it may not happen. It will get much needed spec increase.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
I am hoping for a spec boost and retina for the iPad Mini 2. I have an iPad 3 AT&T LTE version and love the retina but want something smaller and lighter.

I like the form factor and weight of the mini but agree it needs more RAM and I want a faster processor in it than the A5 which I think is what is in it now.

My iPad 3 will hold me over though.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
What would the spec increases be for? Games? Or is iOS 7 likely have performance issues on the iPad Mini and the iPad 2?

Audio & video apps and big graphics heavy games will benefit from a faster chip, everything will benefit from double the RAM. I DJ with my Mini, and the 2 I had previously, and I would love better specs.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I would be torn, I'd like an Ipad 5, but I really haven't used my 4 much since I got the Mini, so my 4 is likely going to be sold for a Ps4. I would like to upgrade my mini. I will if it has a Retina screen, A6 processor. And then I'm likely to go 4g and 64 gb

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Well, if the new info on BT game controllers actually comes through and someone develops them you will be able to play games on your ipad with an actual controller and have the ipad airplay it to your ATV3. So your ipad will essentially be acting as a came console at that time. With the cost of the XB1 and PS4 I am not sure if I am going to upgrade from my Xbox 360. If the controller thing comes through I might just stick with iOS games for my basic gaming needs.

I also use my ipad to watch a lot of videos and to remote into my Mac Mini while I am away from home or even when I am at home and don't feel like going upstairs to sit down at it. The more processing power and RAM the Mini 2 has the better it will perform.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I actually don't care about retina display as much I'd like to see a doubling of the RAM. Audio production will benefit greatly from a RAM boost to 1GB. 2GB would be better, but this is Apple we're talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.