Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Yep, removed it; switched off location services for Google Now & also, removed skype. Battery seems to be a whole lot better now.

Ciaolondra

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2013
Love the Mailbox app, but yes, no battery staying power anymore!!! I Googled "does mailbox app drain your battery", because I've experienced such a significant change in my phone's behavior since adding it. I think it's because there's so much swiping and downloading and organizing you do with the app that it naturally wreaks havoc on your battery. Plus you can't fetch email at longer intervals.

I'm one of those people, by the way, who utilizes every tip and trick to retain good battery power throughout the day. I'm keeping the app on my iPad, but have deleted it from my phone!!

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
I use an app called Carat. If you follow the instructions, in time you'll know why your battery seems to be draining.

However, I suggest installing the latest version of iOS. That's exactly what Apple suggests on its page about the battery.

krjoseph

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
I was going from 8am to 9pm with 20% left at the end of the day with iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2. Started using Mailbox about a week ago and noticed my battery dropping like a rock. No other major changes were made. Today, I watched my battery drop from 89% to 71% in an hour and a half while having dinner with friends. It was in my pocket not being used and it dropped 18% in 90 minutes. I'm going to uninstall it and see if battery life returns to normal.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I was going from 8am to 9pm with 20% left at the end of the day with iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2. Started using Mailbox about a week ago and noticed my battery dropping like a rock. No other major changes were made. Today, I watched my battery drop from 89% to 71% in an hour and a half while having dinner with friends. It was in my pocket not being used and it dropped 18% in 90 minutes. I'm going to uninstall it and see if battery life returns to normal.
What do you see as what's using up your battery in your settings usage information?

krjoseph

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
What do you see as what's using up your battery in your settings usage information?

When I posted, the usage page said in the last 24 hours Waze had used 20%, no surprise. But Mailbox had used 18%. Seems like a lot for a mail app. Nothing else was in double digits. Didn't uninstall yet, but disabled notifications and background activity. It seemed like it was always doing something, so maybe that will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.