Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skjetne

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Hi,

I have a macbook pro wich i gave to my mother when i bought a mba 11.

Shortly after she started using it, it got a weird problem, the trackpad is not working on the login screen, but when logged in, works perfectly. So when to log in, she has to use the bluetooth mouse.

Anyone got any clues as for whats going on, and whats wrong?

Thanks

-Christian

Last edited:

Mark-Technology

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2011
Hey,

Such issues involving the trackpad and keyboard can be fixed by resetting the SMC and the NVRAM/PRAM.

NVRAM/PRAM
SMC

Read these and perform the resets then let me know if the problem still persists. After that try performing some Disk Utility tasks such as verifying and repairing your disk permissions etc.

Hopefully it all works out.

Regards,

Mark

Skjetne

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Hey,

Such issues involving the trackpad and keyboard can be fixed by resetting the SMC and the NVRAM/PRAM.

NVRAM/PRAM
SMC

Read these and perform the resets then let me know if the problem still persists. After that try performing some Disk Utility tasks such as verifying and repairing your disk permissions etc.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks! Going to try it out later :)

Skjetne

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Hey,

NVRAM/PRAM
SMC

Regards,

Mark

That worked! Thanks a thousand :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.