Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
So, they just released a new keyboard without a numberpad, which is great. Anyone know if they plan to make a Mac edition like previous versions, where the hotkeys and command button work properly in OS X?

I have a Steelseries vg6 or whatever it's called, which I like, but it's difficult because the hotkeys for volume and playback and command don't work under OS X like I would like and the numpad makes the keyboard too long for my setup under most circumstances.

rampancy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
So, they just released a new keyboard without a numberpad, which is great. Anyone know if they plan to make a Mac edition like previous versions, where the hotkeys and command button work properly in OS X?

Ugh, Razor. If/when they do release a Mac version, it'll just be one with the Windows key changed into a Command key and an extra $50 tacked on to the price. Ugh.

I have a Steelseries vg6 or whatever it's called, which I like, but it's difficult because the hotkeys for volume and playback and command don't work under OS X like I would like and the numpad makes the keyboard too long for my setup under most circumstances.

KeyRemap4MacBook is your friend. It's what I've used to replicate the function of the Apple Keyboard keys on my Corsair Raptor LK1. Otherwise, if you don't want your brand new SteelSeries G6v2, you could give it to me - it's a fricking awesome keyboard... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.