Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AllThingsD reports that the paperback version of Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of Steve Jobs will be released on September 10, nearly two years after the book's original release. According to publisher Simon & Schuster, the paperback version will include a new afterword as well as a new cover image showing a young Steve Jobs in the same pose seen with an older Jobs on the original cover.
[N]ew art, taken by Norman Seeff in 1984, should attract a lot of attention. The original striking and simple black-and-white photo of Jobs on the hardcover jacket of "Steve Jobs" -- which was taken by Albert Watson in 2006 -- showed the legendary tech figure later in his life and was an image Jobs approved. The new one has Jobs in the exact same thumb-on-chin pose, with the exact same intense gaze that he was well known for.
steve_jobs_bio_covers-800x604.jpg
Paperback cover (left) vs. original cover (right)
Amazon currently has a preliminary page up for the paperback version, showing a price of $17.99 versus a list price of $20.00. The hardcover version carries a list price of $35.00, but Amazon is selling it for $17.74.

Article Link: Paperback Version of 'Steve Jobs' Biography Coming September 10 with Younger Jobs on Cover

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
The older Jobs has the more intense stare :)

I disagree. Younger Jobs has laser eyes that cut into the soul. The glasses on Older Jobs distorts that laser just a bit.

But they're both amazing pictures. I already own the hardcover copy and I don't really want to own the paperback (those are so hard to keep in good condition, and I'd hate to distort His image) - how can I get that afterword without buying the new copy? Is it not like a free software update? Am I not entitled to it?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
We need the government to investigate this, especially the price of Steve's glasses.

These probably are causing all the selling price discrepancies.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Don't bother with this overpriced garbage. There are cheaper and better specced books on the market that have more pages and a colour cover.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 0958400

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
No color options?

If I buy a copy in paperback - should I get a case?

Will the Amazon eBook price be the same as the iBooks price?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I disagree. Younger Jobs has laser eyes that cut into the soul. The glasses on Older Jobs distorts that laser just a bit.

But they're both amazing pictures. I already own the hardcover copy and I don't really want to own the paperback (those are so hard to keep in good condition, and I'd hate to distort His image) - how can I get that afterword without buying the new copy? Is it not like a free software update? Am I not entitled to it?

Wait...did you actually intentionally capitalize the "H" above!?:eek:

Get a grip, Mate...he's hasn't risen yet!
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.