Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I'd say at least once or twice a day when I click an icon to open an app, rather than open it sends the icons into jitter (delete) mode. I can't seem to figure out why this is. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
You need to tap and hold the icon for an obviously long amount of time to get it to jiggle vs just tapping. You are either holding it way too long or your screen is messed up.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
You need to tap and hold the icon for an obviously long amount of time to get it to jiggle vs just tapping. You are either holding it way too long or your screen is messed up.

Yeah I think my screen might be messed up. Is that something buying a new LCD could fix? I wanted to anyway bc there is this scratch.

I barely tap the icon, nowhere near long enough to activate jitter mode.

Is there any chance it could be anything other than the screen? I am jailbroken, but I can't see that really effecting it.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Yeah I think my screen might be messed up. Is that something buying a new LCD could fix? I wanted to anyway bc there is this scratch.

I barely tap the icon, nowhere near long enough to activate jitter mode.

Is there any chance it could be anything other than the screen? I am jailbroken, but I can't see that really effecting it.

I would revert back to stock to test if it was the jailbreak before buying a new screen. But it's up to you. Which phone is it? If its a 4/4s it could be a simple 1hr fix for $70 to replace the screen/digitizer.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I would revert back to stock to test if it was the jailbreak before buying a new screen. But it's up to you. Which phone is it? If its a 4/4s it could be a simple 1hr fix for $70 to replace the screen/digitizer.

$70?? I thought it was only $30-40?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Well, im jot sure as i have never boutht one, but i do know that any digitizer that is brand new and under $50 bucks is most likely gonna be junk.

Gotcha, prob not worth it then. I might wait for 5S.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Ok, thanks. Is it the exact same as the factory one? How much?

They are very high quality and hard to distinguish from the OEM screens. If you want to know how much, stop being lazy and look at the website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.