Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottwoelfel

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Atlanta/Seattle
Yeah, what's the theory here?

One can enjoy watching HBO on the same TV as before but with a different remote?

Snazzy!

More than that I think. I know a friend who throws his Apple TV in his bag when he travels so he can watch Netflix on the road on a big screen. Now we can do the same with HBO which is a big plus in my book. Plus for people like me with a second home you only need HBO at one location and you can watch it via ATV at the other. Nice!

Amadeus71

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Content makers still not getting it

Shame that these new options are only released on a country-by-country basis and not globally - perhaps as paid options in some cases.

richman555

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
Collegeville, PA
This is a move in the right direction and a great value. The more options it provides the better. Maybe we will see Apple original content someday??? :)

Abobrek

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2012
With this update, and iTunes Radio coming, I think there will be much more added to Apple TV in the coming months.

bdavis89

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Step in the Right Direction

This is a good thing. I was hoping Apple would be the one to break down the subscription barrier. I should be able to watch ESPN online regardless of having a cable subscription. Show me commercials, I don't care, but I'm hoping the internet can return us to the "over the air" days when there was no third party cable provider; just the network and its commercials. For now the networks have made their bed with the cable providers, and the consumers are not happy. Hopefully it changes.

designaholic

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
UK members. Place you hand on your screen so I can high five it. :)

hE47B4AA1

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Lets be honest guys, this is pretty much like having an App Store for the Apple TV with a couple compromises:

-Eddy Cue manages the account for all of us.
-We don't really get a choice over what apps are downloaded.

Perfect.

but we do get a choice over which apps are visible.

32KFJ

macrumors regular
May 28, 2012
Austria
apple tv in austria isn't nearly as good as in america.

no tv shows
no espn
no nhl
no hbo
no sky
no hulu
no netflix

basically its just is mlb+movies+music...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.