Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Personally, I hope not.

Much too big. Might as well stuff a Mini in your pocket.

But, then, I don't watch movies on my iPhone, and for my purposes it is quite large enough as it is.:D

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Personally, I hope not.

Much too big. Might as well stuff a Mini in your pocket.

But, then, I don't watch movies on my iPhone, and for my purposes it is quite large enough as it is.:D

Do you also hope that, say... Apple TV or the Macbook White should never be launched, just because you wouldn't want to use it?

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Do you find it convincing ?

YouTube: video

It's the first glimmer of light I've seen yet. It's brilliant & exciting!

Finally a modern day iPhone.

Yet I must keep my excitement in check since its only a concept. One that Apple probably doesn't have the courage to build.

Now rather old and conservative, Apple would rather hide behind their legal team & fire off lawsuits.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Do you also hope that, say... Apple TV or the Macbook White should never be launched, just because you wouldn't want to use it?

Yes!

I want everything my way, and don't care what anyone eslse wants or needs.

I'm totally selfish and self centered and want to dictate to Apple what is needed and what is not.

BTW: the question asked if I agreed. I answered the question. I also qualified my statement by saying "for my needs". I didn't question, or rule out, others needs.

But...I don't want it...so it should not, under any circumstances, be produced!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
It's too big imo. I played with my friend's S4 this week and it wasn't comfortable to use, made me appreciate my iPhone's screen size a bit more

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Yes!

I want everything my way, and don't care what anyone eslse wants or need.

I'm totally selfish and self centered and want to dictate to Apple what is needed and what is not.

BTW: the question asked if I agreed. I answered the question. I also qualified my statement by saying "for my needs". I didn't question, or rule out, others needs.

But...I don't want it...so it should not, under any circumstances, be produced!

:rolleyes:

Lol ;)

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I would so buy that. It's not for everyone, but that's why Apple would keep the current 4-inch model.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
I would not buy, and hope, either Apple keeps the current size or increasing it a tad within the same form factor, or have two iPhones, one for the kids that use it as a computer replacement, and one for adults that use it to make calls/email/GPS, some photo's, and a tad internet stuff. ;) :D

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It's not big enough. I want more of a 7" screen. Also, I want it to be able to run iPad apps.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I think people would buy it. But the question is how many? It would most likely cost more if they kept the size of the current iPhone's around.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Yummy. Though if they make a bigger screen phone, I would hope they at least do iPad style apps instead. Then I would definitely be in love with it

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
The enormously huge bezels look ridiculous IMO. Besides, it'd be far too big for me, but to each their own, right?

mbp17xxx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Sydney
iphone5 is already big for my pocket, iphone4 is just perfect. but who doesn't want a bigger screen. they should have 2 options like the ipad

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

You're not very good at sarcasm.

You shouldn't encourage him.

I would like to have a 5"+ screened iPhone, I guess 5.7 wouldn't be that bad. I used to be strongly against a bigger than 4" iPhone but have changed my mind. I've checked out other larger display phones and I really like what I'm seeing size wise when I use them. I would at least like the option to buy a larger iPhone. Those that want a larger phone can dream can't we?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Every one of these concept videos all conveniently skirt the issue of how Apple is going to address the problem of apps not scaling properly on a 3rd phone resolution. What's the PPI? Why a 5.7" screen (or why a screen of any other size?) Are they going to get their army of developers to code for a 3rd screen size?

Apple is pragmatic above everything else. They went with a 4" display for the iphone5 because that represented the limits of how much they could stretch the screen vertically while keeping its width the same. They went with a 7.9" screen for the ipad mini because it was basically the same screen as the 3GS.

I think any discussion should start from the existing Apple products, and see how Apple could conceivably play around with their specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.