Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King today posted a picture of Miami Heat player Shane Battier with Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue and his son Spencer following the Heat's championship win last night over the San Antonio Spurs.

NewImage9.png
From L to R: Spencer Cue, Duke Senior Associate Athletic Director Mike Cragg, Miami Heat player Shane Battier, Eddy Cue
Battier played basketball at Duke before joining the NBA and Eddy Cue is a huge Duke basketball fan. Cue has posted a number of pictures of himself at Duke athletic events on his Facebook page. Cue earned his bachelors degree in Computer Science and Economics from Duke and his son Spencer is attending the school, while his son Adam graduated recently and is working on the popular email app Mailbox which was recently purchased Dropbox.

A Duke student group recently wrote of visiting Cue at his office at Apple's Results Way campus in Cupertino, saying it was decorated with Duke memorabilia:
Walking into Eddy Cue's office, it is impossible not to notice that he is an avid Duke Basketball fan. My roommate, Michael Marion, recalls regularly seeing him at basketball games in Durham. His walls were full of pictures of the team. After asking us about our majors, he led us to a nearby conference room where we could all sit down.

Article Link: Apple's Eddy Cue Spotted Celebrating Miami Heat's NBA Championship Win

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
WTF? First Woz visits Kim and Kanye with baby North West, and now this?

I feel my faith in Apple waning

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Hey, I would take full advantage if I was living like that too.:p

If you just glance at Shane's arm it looks like it's all the way around the two guys to his right.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
So what does this mean? Has Cue finished working on Siri, iCloud, and Maps? Is iTunes Radio going as planned? He went to celebrate the NBA Championship, which means we could see a live NBA app included on every iPhone and iPad, and dubbed 'iNBA' or 'iTunes NBA', and Cue is having negotiations to grab the rights for live NBA on iOS. It will be US-only for the time being. He may have went there to show off a prototype 5-inch iPhone to Shane to see how it would feel for people with bigger hands. Cue going to the championship is truly one of the most important rumors of 2013.

Now THIS is how I would deliver MacRumors news :p

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
MacRumors: New and rumors that you hardly care about.

Well said. And that seems to be the case of recent.
It's not all bad, but there the occasional "why in hell is this even an article" moments. Apart from that, it's ok.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
WTF? First Woz visits Kim and Kanye with baby North West, and now this?

I feel my faith in Apple waning

I hope you're joking... you can't be seriously implying that either of these things have anything to do whatsoever with the operations of Apple as a company.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Woooo!!! Sore losers and haters!!! I like Eddy Cue even more now after see this picture! I'm happy the heat won, I just hate all the people that go outside with their pots and pans.... it's so embarrassing to be from Miami sometimes :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.