Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
rabidz7, there was a time when a large portion of the PowerPC sub-forum wanted you banned. Don't go out stating one should be banned with your rather threadbare morals.

I honestly don't know who he and and currently am indifferent to wanting him here.

Thx Intell

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Please do not reply to this guy. He is trolling all of us. He first tries to piss us off by hating on PowerPC, and now he is trying to start an argument with his last post.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Please do not reply to this guy. He is trolling all of us. He first tries to piss us off by hating on PowerPC, and now he is trying to start an argument with his last post.

Actually I am NOT trolling, read my previous posts they are all helpful unlike yours. And YOU have just started the argument with the above post.

----------

Who am I trying to 'piss off' and I am not hating on PPC, I have MY OWN G5 and a PowerBook G4!

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
I myself have a dual 2005 G5, and even IT struggles at YouTube.
The hell? I have a dual 1.8 and it plays 1080p H264 just fine. Don't watch youtube in youtube. Use Mactubes. It's youtube's fault their site uses crappy bloated code.

I understand if you can't afford a new mac, but honestly if you can't, you really have no business video editing on a computer that is so old. If you can't afford a new mac, buy a PC
Oh... just go... home.

Don't avoid the facts. I suggest he sells the eMac and uses it to help save up for a PC to Hackintosh.

I only use my G5 for mucking about with, downloading stuff, or playing old games/legacy software. Even my 10 year old younger brother thinks the G5 is really slow, he only uses it for Word and VERY light web browsing..
Word = bloated and slow. 2008 on my G5 is actually slower than 2004 on my 466MHz G4. Yeah.

As for the web? Crappy, bloated code. OK, so that doesn't help the PPC case, it's just the way the real outside world is.

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
You are right Word 2008 is so bloated that I went back to AppleWorks as a word processor. It is really difficult to work on that MS cr@p, even the 2011 sucks as well.

Volkstaia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2012
East Coast of the US
Look, face the fact that PowerPC is dead. It's a bit like having a PC from 2000, they really have no use. I myself have a dual 2005 G5, and even IT struggles at YouTube. Software out of date, no security updates, and slow. There is NO reason whatsoever to use a PowerPC mac (unless it is a quad G5) at this day and age, unless you have no other computer or if you have a use for it such as a light file server. Why even ATTEMPT video editing on a mac that is maybe 10+ years old? I understand if you can't afford a new mac, but honestly if you can't, you really have no business video editing on a computer that is so old. If you can't afford a new mac, buy a PC, and if you insist on using OS X you can Hackintosh it relatively easily.
Don't avoid the facts. I suggest he sells the eMac and uses it to help save up for a PC to Hackintosh.
I only use my G5 for mucking about with, downloading stuff, or playing old games/legacy software. Even my 10 year old younger brother thinks the G5 is really slow, he only uses it for Word and VERY light web browsing.
To answer your question it is useless or slow at most things.

Don't be an ass. If there was a Cars Subforum, you wouldn't go there and talk **** about how ****** cars are, so don't do it here.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Don't be an ass. If there was a Cars Subforum, you wouldn't go there and talk **** about how ****** cars are, so don't do it here.

No, cars are quite useful. And you clearly don't understand my point. I'm not saying PPC macs are bad. I'm just trying to make the point that they can't be compared to Intel macs in terms of speed etc.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
I'm just trying to make the point that they can't be compared to Intel macs in terms of speed etc.

If your purpose isn't to annoy people visiting this forum, you can easily omit such comments. Everyone with half a brain knows that, but people here do have their own reasons for using PPC nowadays. And they certainly aren't hipsters :D

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
If your purpose isn't to annoy people visiting this forum, you can easily omit such comments. Everyone with half a brain knows that, but people here do have their own reasons for using PPC nowadays. And they certainly aren't hipsters :D

Excuse me!? I think my friends 96 year old great-grandmother who still uses a PMG3 is very hip! :eek: :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.