Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Well in every fan base there is an exception. I've run across well educated Bruins fans who can admit that the Bruins aren't "untouchable" but have ran across a lot more of the "Chicago sucks, they got lucky, bruins in 4, the refs won the game for Chicago" and a bunch of other homer like fans. Like I said we have those same type of fans in Chicago and you'll have them for every team, but so far I would say Bruin homers have been the worst I've experienced these playoff games.

that's too bad. enjoy the rest of the series man. i know i will! ;)

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
we have those same type of fans in Chicago

See I wouldn't have a problem with it if they stayed in their own state. I just dislike all the Chicago people coming up to Wisco and being arrogant. If only we had a toll to get into our state...

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
See I wouldn't have a problem with it if they stayed in their own state. I just dislike all the Chicago people coming up to Wisco and being arrogant. If only we had a toll to get into our state...

Toll's wouldnt stop them, we're already paying an arm and a leg in our own state to the toll man. I love Wisconsin family use to have a cabin on Lake Redstone outside of Reedsburg. Great times.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Toll's wouldnt stop them, we're already paying an arm and a leg in our own state to the toll man. I love Wisconsin family use to have a cabin on Lake Redstone outside of Reedsburg. Great times.

Reedsburg was in my high school conference.

I'm thinking Boston will take the game and even up the series again.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I'm pretty certain this is what happens, not some "bruins turning it up" thing. It's frustrating that after two periods of pantsing big Z, the Hawks would even THINK of letting the Bruins back in the contest.

I could flip this right around and say "It's frustrating that after shutting down the Hawks in game 3 the Bruins defense fell apart in game 4". It's because the teams are so evenly matched. Momentum is a funny thing in a hockey game, but if the Bruins get going with some offensive pressure, their guys can completely dominate shifts in the offensive zone. But the same goes for the Hawks.

One thing I am certain on though is that the Bruins were horrendous on the breakout in the first two periods on Saturday. They turned it around in the 3rd, improved breaking out and carrying the puck into the offensive zone, and ended up playing a much better period. It's not that the Hawks "think of letting the Bruins back in", it's that the Bruins couldn't get the damn puck into the zone. Once they figured that out, they played much better, and the third period was much more even.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Hell of game so far, Chara got clowned on that Toews break away goal. Hope the Hawks can get that winning goal in the 3rd.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Absolute Bruins meltdown. The B's played a great series.

Go Hawks!

784439358.png

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
2 goals in 17 seconds. It doesn't get any better than that! The streets are going nuts here in Chicago.

What a game!

That was freaking incredible. I was jumping out of my seat after the first one and then the second one hit and well you could see the air let out of the players and the stadium. Done.

Congrats to the hawks and their fans. I was pulling for Boston, but give props to the guys from Chicago!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I had to wait to post, but wow, what a series.

Congrats the Blackhawks, they were clearly the best team this year. This was probably the best series of hockey I've ever watched. Excluding the one empty netter, the aggregate score was 16-15 Chicago over 23 periods of hockey. Can't get much closer than that. It was a hell of a run for the Bruins even though they couldn't pull it out in the end... in the end of the day, it's entertainment, and I was thoroughly entertained.

Bergeron was admitted back in the hospital after the game Monday night and he's still there this morning. He was playing through a broken rib, torn rib cartilage & muscles, and a separated shoulder. And after the game they found he had a small puncture in one of his lungs. Wow. What a leader & warrior.

The last two weeks have summed up why hockey is the best sport on the planet.

Hoping the Bruins can re-load, get a little bit younger and faster, and make another run next year. Our core is still so young. Maybe we'll get a rematch with Chicago next year. ;)

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
Poor Chara

Here's a photo of Chara on a carnival ride after losing the Stanley Cup Finals. The original photo appeared on Deadspin today or yesterday. I can't believe he can fit in that thing.

Attachments

• ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    434.1 KB · Views: 92

sportst

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
I think your bias to the Kings can distort the truth. Just because they won last year doesn't make them the team to beat. The Kings are good but nowhere close to being number one. They lack depth. The Blackhawks are easily number 1 at this point. The playoffs can swing either way though some good match ups.

My rankings:
1. Chicago
2. Pittsburgh
3. New York
4. Boston
5. LA
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa
8. San Jose

Best team of baseball ..nice

sportst

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
I still can't believe the Islanders got INTO the playoffs before the Rangers (I believe). It's the damn Islanders! I have had a long running joke with my friends that they're my favorite team (even though we're mostly Boston guys). Actually it's been long running enough where I do follow them a bit.

Thanks for sharing the aticle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.