Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Messages uses Nicknames

For some weird reason messages now uses Nicknames if available to display the name of the contact you're talking with, i'm looking if there's a way to disable it, kind of annoying.

EDIT: Found it

Attachments

• Photo Jun 24, 2 52 51 PM.png
    Photo Jun 24, 2 52 51 PM.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 223

omro

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
Does anyone know if the podcast app now works better with Beta 2? In Beta 1, it would crash constantly. I can't update until I get home, as my Beta 1 won't let me accept the certificate on the wifi here at work. The button presses, but does nothing.

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
For the music app they replaced every other letter with a dot... WHY now i have to look for the closest letter, not be able to do it at a glance? I thought apple was the master at UI?! Im getting real sick of mr ive.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome Screen: iOS 7 beta 2 introduced a new Welcome Screen that asks for an iCloud password, allows users to turn on iMessages and choose associated email addresses, and set up a passcode on the device.

Is there anything about restrictions. Should be, here and when you open any store and sign into settings. That way no one can say they didn't know.

Messages: The Messages "Send" button is bold and turns green or blue when text is typed. There's also a new bubble animation shown when messages are sent. Swiping to the left on a message will display time stamps. Group chats in Messages also display contact photos next to texts.

How about deleting or adding to group chats, group SMS/mms staying together, mixing of the two groups. Support for things like AIM, jabber.

likwidplastik

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2006
That Reminders list view seems to have some remnants of skeuomorphism.
I spy paper texture and letterpress!

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
doesnt even feel like a beta to me anymore :)

havent tested it unplugged yet tho ... hope the battery life improved and it wont get as hot anymore

I fixed my battery life issues by turning off "Popular near me" on the location services. It seemed that it was basically always using location services therefore always draining my battery.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
I tried to find on the forum any reference regarding the Find My Friends app in iOS7 but couldn't find any. If this has been covered I am sorry. Is Find My Friends still included? I am actually using this feature quite a bit and would miss it.
And no: I am not a stalker or a criminal, I just find it useful sometimes.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
For someone like me who has very poor eyesight, the extensive use of the "thin" font may make iOS7 a deal-breaker. I love the iPhone, but I can barely read that weather screen, for starters. Fortunately, iOS6 should be adequate for at least a couple more years.

It's disappointing, though. Apple has always been a leader in the universal accessibility arena. This redesign seems to undo so much of what has been accomplished.

Mycoolroy

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2013
I have the new beta Siri voice working on my iPhone five. It sounds great and more realistic, however when I select text on the Internet and click speak the old Siri voice comes out. This is unfortunate because I mostly use Siri's voice when reading books on Kindle or iBooks. And articles on the Internet since I have eyestrain. I did notice there is a download enhanced version for the voices in the settings however after downloading nothing changed. Is this happening for everyone? Anyone know a fix?

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
I tried to find on the forum any reference regarding the Find My Friends app in iOS7 but couldn't find any. If this has been covered I am sorry. Is Find My Friends still included? I am actually using this feature quite a bit and would miss it.
And no: I am not a stalker or a criminal, I just find it useful sometimes.

Find My Friends was never included -- its an app you have to install.
The App store app doesn't work in iOS7 but there is a beta app available to developers.
Weird thing (to me) though is that it didn't get any kind of visual update.
I would have expected that if they were going to update it they would have made it more inline with the rest of iOS7's look.
Maybe in the next beta.....

NeilSpoon

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
What's all the fuss about a live weather icon? Can't people just look out of the window? Surely that's more accurate as well?

ridwan47

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
You're getting there Apple... Just give us some beautiful icons and we'll be very happy and shut up..

Kolukietis

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
doesnt even feel like a beta to me anymore :)

havent tested it unplugged yet tho ... hope the battery life improved and it wont get as hot anymore

Battery drained in little more than an hour. Do they think i should test my apps on the cable all the time?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
What bothers me is that you can't quickly go into multitasking and tap on the next app you want. I end up having to tap the app twice. Annoying.

Tap the app icon rather than the screenshot and it'll go straight into the app rather than scrolling for you to tap again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.