Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
DoesiOS 7 give the 3rd/4th gen iPad and iPad Mini HDR and Panorama support in the Camera app? Seeing they basically use the same camera as the 5th gen iPod Touch which does support those features, it's been purely a software lock choice.

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
For someone like me who has very poor eyesight, the extensive use of the "thin" font may make iOS7 a deal-breaker. I love the iPhone, but I can barely read that weather screen, for starters. Fortunately, iOS6 should be adequate for at least a couple more years.

It's disappointing, though. Apple has always been a leader in the universal accessibility arena. This redesign seems to undo so much of what has been accomplished.

Settings-> general-> accessibility -> turn on bold text or increase the size of font with large dynamic font

TheRealTVGuy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Orlando, FL
I usually poke fun at iOS. Have been doing so for years now, but this looks slightly more interesting. Haven't had a chance to play around with it but if it's as similar to Android as I think it is, then I'll look into getting an iphone 6 whenever they release it.

If its Android you want, you're in the wrong place...

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Anyone noticed the Voice Memos app icon "shimmers" when icons are in the move mode?

Now, where's the next DP for OS X?! I'm loving it already, but ****, there's no doubt it has a long way to go. My console looks like a Chinese telephone directory.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
MY icloud backups were working just fine automatically in Beta 1. My icloud backup status says Last Backup 6/22/2013 6:24AM. (I didn't plug in last night so no 6/23 backup.) But trust me I was not up at 6:24AM on 6/22.

----------

Anyone noticed the Voice Memos app icon "shimmers" when icons are in the move mode?

Its a side effect of bad icon design and the effect of fine verticle lines wobbling back and forth.

Called: Line moiré http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_moiré

turd

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
MY icloud backups were working just fine automatically in Beta 1. My icloud backup status says Last Backup 6/22/2013 6:24AM. (I didn't plug in last night so no 6/23 backup.) But trust me I was not up at 6:24AM on 6/22.

Yeah my phone was backing up just fine on beta 1 as well - my last backup was yesterday at 6pm.

DavidMarks

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2013
I like it that they're bringing desktop-class functionality to their utilities suite. Apps in the Appstore will soon follow. That will be huge in the long term.

Judging from screenshots, the design is really nice and smooth, although it might need simple plain wallwapers for it to work. De default baby-blue wallpaper with the bubbles from beta 1 is hideous and I hope they ditch it until the final release.

As for the buttons now turned into colored text, I believe it needs some work in order to make them more relevant. I don't have any ideas, though.

Icons: they've grown on me. The shock is gone and they look really good in my opinion. The colors are fine, except the shape of the music note, which looks nothing as it does on a sheet music, something the old one did. It needs polishing.

Looks like a promising release overall!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.