Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
I'm finding a marked improvement at this early stage. Nothing major but certainly not what I was getting over the last few days. How's everyone else finding it?

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
I'm finding a marked improvement at this early stage. Nothing major but certainly not what I was getting over the last few days. How's everyone else finding it?

I've actually noticed a HUGE improvement. Usually I leave my house around 8 to go out and my battery dies by 11. Tonight, it's 11:30 here and I still have 62% left. AND my phone is not super hot! Extremely thankful for these fixes.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Almost an hour and a half of usage and I'm still at 91%. So far it appears to be better than beta one and much better than iOS 6 for me. Very smooth and very stable. I did not upgrade I installed the full beta 2 from the Dev site. The full install for beta 2 is over 1.2 gig but it's gonna be much better than upgrading from Beta one. Beta 1 was more than good enough to be my daily driver and Beta 2 is even better. Don't upgrade, do the full install with beta 2.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I did mine OTA (figured it's part of testing!) and after the OTA did a full settings reset (old habits for hard) and it seems to be working well for me.

Robert M.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2010
My iPhone 5 has been at 100% (on standby) for three hours. On the first beta it would die in six hours even in standby. So I'm noticing a HUGE improvement. Although, the first time I restored from a backup and this time I didn't do that. So that could've been the problem. ;)

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I did an OTA update and I'm seeing better battery life, because most days I would have non by now.

I guess it's going to take a couple days before everybody realizes that the full install is the only way to go. Kind of weird having to do this every time they release a new beta but it is what it is.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Almost an hour and a half of usage and I'm still at 91%. So far it appears to be better than beta one and much better than iOS 6 for me. Very smooth and very stable. I did not upgrade I installed the full beta 2 from the Dev site. The full install for beta 2 is over 1.2 gig but it's gonna be much better than upgrading from Beta one. Beta 1 was more than good enough to be my daily driver and Beta 2 is even better. Don't upgrade, do the full install with beta 2.

Will full installing to Beta 2 work if you do NOT have a developer account?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You won't say that the couple days when everybody starts posting their battery screen shots. We just went through two weeks of this with beta-1, nothing is changed
While there were certainly people with some type of battery-related issues with beta 1, just as it is often the case with pretty much any updates, plenty of people didn't experience them either. More than likely the same will apply to beta 2, and other updates, as is usually the case (short of some sort of actual widespread battery problem in the update itself, which can be the case of course, but often isn't).

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
Batter life seems to be a bit better.
And if you want to potentially brick your phone, go ahead and install OS7 without a developer account! I accidentally installed it on a phone I did not have the ICCID registered on and it was a bit of a pain to fix.

PS: I did the full install, not OTA.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Batter life seems to be a bit better.
And if you want to potentially brick your phone, go ahead and install OS7 without a developer account! I accidentally installed it on a phone I did not have the ICCID registered on and it was a bit of a pain to fix.
And many many others did it without any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.