Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burnsranch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I am in the process of switching to a mac platform and the video editor FCPX is great.

I am struggling with the web site portion of my project. It is an educational function for the most part not commercial. I am clueless about mac software, as I have not used it for 20 years.
Here is the web site http://www.burnsranch.net

I am wondering if there are other software directions available that support a web site, but are more focused on educational format instead of the commercial focus. I am really looking for a tool, but I will adapt whatever I can.

Thanks Russ

burnsranch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I just used Xsitepro on a PC, now I would like a little better set of tools. I am trying not to learn html and css. I did some things 15 years ago with it, but did not really master it. I guess I am just surprised that there is not a html output for every software package. If you take power point, and create a presentation, there should be an html output that interfaces with any software package.

Since the web is becoming a cloud, I would guess that html is going to be the glue that ties it together. If you are coding html, it is like writing micocode. As soon as you create an language that interfaces with the microcode, you move to that.

I guess I am surprised that HTML coding has such a foot hold, instead of letting applications do the html coding. I guess it will be like SNA, hard to kill and move on LOL

I am afraid the answer is going to be re-learn html.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.