Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bll00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Hi,

So I simply restored to iOS 7 beta 2 without reading my udid or doing anything other than just downloading and restoring. I am now stuck on the "Activation Error" page which tells me that my device is not registered. What is the solution ? Please help a newbie out. Thank you :)

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
Hi,

So I simply restored to iOS 7 beta 2 without reading my udid or doing anything other than just downloading and restoring. I am now stuck on the "Activation Error" page which tells me that my device is not registered. What is the solution ? Please help a newbie out. Thank you :)

I did the same thing with Beta 1. If you're using a Mac you can go into your iTunes Backup Folder and the name of the folder is actually your UDID. I believe it's under /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/. You'll see a folder with a bunch of letters and numbers. Just copy that and register that at the dev center. Then you should be error free.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

Google how to DFU restore, put iOS 6 back on your iPad and wait for the public release. You are either a bootlegger that didn't do his homework first or a developer that didn't. But either way you really should not be messing with preview software

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.