Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Really wish there was a way to disable Top Sites. Its easily the most irritating 'feature' i've ever come across in almost a decade.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
LinkedIn is now intergraded in OS X Mavericks DP2 under Internet accounts

Interesting how they've started supporting LinkedIn - could this be a hint that Apple sees potential in the future for enterprise customers who have the BYOD policy? the move to SMB2 by default, LinkedIn integration, ActiveSync for Exchange server, the shifting of Java providing to Oracle etc. all seem to point to Apple seeing potential in that market.

so gamecenter and reminders UI still dont have the iOS 7 look? :(

Nope.

Hyuga, I'm sure they'll update it soon though - maybe they're looking at replacing reminders with combining it with an existing application such as an extension to Calendar? What ever the reason may be I'm sure the developers at Apple are working through a list of priorities and hopefully we'll see it eventually updated - IIRC, was it DP3 where some of the major changes came? maybe my memory is failing but I remember in the past the DP2 tended to be fixing up changes under the hood with later updates being heavily focused on user presentable features.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Really wish there was a way to disable Top Sites. Its easily the most irritating 'feature' i've ever come across in almost a decade.
Um, set "New windows open with" and "New tabs open with" to "Empty Page"? If you do, you will never sit top sites unless you explicitly click on top sites button.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Have to agree with this totally. Especially with the bookmarks sliding in and out on the left so easily.

Totally don't get that. For me Top Sites is freakin awesome. My 6 most often used bookmarks, one click away. Love it.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008

I disagree. I like it and don't like using browsers that don't have it on the Mac. However I prefer the 6.0.5 and 6.1 look instead of the 7.0 look. I do wish it would auto-refresh the images though.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Totally don't get that. For me Top Sites is freakin awesome. My 6 most often used bookmarks, one click away. Love it.

Can't speak for Kariya, but, for me, I have the top 6 changing most all the time. Except for MacRumors of course. So it really serves no purpose or benefit for my browsing experience.

I can understand others loving it. The wife uses it all the time, her top 12 rarely changes.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Can't speak for Kariya, but, for me, I have the top 6 changing most all the time. Except for MacRumors of course. So it really serves no purpose or benefit for my browsing experience.

I can understand others loving it. The wife uses it all the time, her top 12 rarely changes.

You know you can pin the sites you want, right? Either do that or disable Top Sites. Something for everyone.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Now if you uncheck all tags in finder preferences all tags are gone from the finder sidebar. (all tags used to be there in DP1)

Anything new in OpenGL? And how is the sleep/shutdown/boot?

I don't recall what it was in DP1 but it's at 2/12 on 4.2 everything below that is 100%.

Dunno about the shutdown times yet.

brueck

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010

I don't use top sites either, but you can pin websites so that they stay.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada

I haven't even seen top sites since the first time I started Safari 5. Do you close all your tabs and quit safari every time after you use it? If so, stop, and you won't ever see top sites again. Or you could always set your home page to a different page...

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Very true, but this site's name is still MacRumors. Seems to me if they want to deprecate Mavericks and elevate iOS 7 that is there prerogative but for logic's sake they should also rename the site to iOSRumors.

This isn't a rumor.

Its publicly available for anyone who cares to either sign up for a dev account or do the dodgy...

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
There's just not a lot readily available about Mavericks so the post about preview 2 was pretty bare bones. If you guys want to give details on what's new in Mavericks after the update we could do a tidbits roundup like we did for iOS.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
1st: This is only for developers, and i doubt that 99 percent of the MacRumors.com visitors are developers.
2nd: Many users use iOS devices to view MacRumors.com. Mavericks DP2 updates are useless for them.

1st: iOS beta is only for developers, and i doubt that 99 percent of the MacRumors.com visitors are developers.
2nd: Many users use OS X devices to view MacRumors.com. iOS Beta 2 updates are useless for them.

:rolleyes:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
This isn't a rumor.

Its publicly available for anyone who cares to either sign up for a dev account or do the dodgy...

I think you were so excited to respond to me you missed where I bolded Mac but not rumor ;)

If you had read for context you could have saved yourself a post.

Zachari

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Washington, DC
Why is this not on the main page while the iOS 7 beta 2 release is?

Here we go: Mac is short for Macintosh, What is a Macintosh? An Apple.

How about you go make your own Apple rumors website and you can decide what is newsworthy and what is not. I'm tired of the b*tching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.