Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
Actually this isn't good news to me. It means Apple is just fixing bugs and close to the final version which likely means what we see now is what we are going to get in the end. What that means to me is we're getting a "Snow Leopard" under the hood release and not the Jony Ive magic I was hoping for. That frosted glass dock drives me crazy!

Asu

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2006
1, 2, 3...

How easy it used to be... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...

Now it is Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, (or is it Tiger, Panther?) Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Maverick - all for an OS perennially stuck in version ten, written in roman numeral just to make it even more impractical

ValkyrieLenneth

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
Vietnam
Easy update :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 10.54.29.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 10.54.29.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 656

omro

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
I hope the update stops my MacBook Pro's fan from running constantly!!

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007

would not mind if eventually that big, red piece of pizza turned into CPU (again)...I know, wishful thinking.

----------

I hate the name Mavericks. Still not growing on me.. doubt it ever will.

it was named Mavericks because that is what all the VP's at Apple consider themselves today. In actuality, they need the integrity that Steve Jobs fed to them, as they are lacking this nutrition source these days.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Can't speak for Kariya, but, for me, I have the top 6 changing most all the time. Except for MacRumors of course. So it really serves no purpose or benefit for my browsing experience.

I can understand others loving it. The wife uses it all the time, her top 12 rarely changes.

It's kind of hit-or-miss. At home, it's fantastic with my top 6 bookmarks, where as at work, it tends to change around a lot, with stack overflow questions and 2 or 3 version of the webapp I'm working on showing up.

KSpider

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2006
San Diego, CA
How easy it used to be... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...

Now it is Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, (or is it Tiger, Panther?) Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Maverick - all for an OS perennially stuck in version ten, written in roman numeral just to make it even more impractical

you could just refer to it as 10.9 (10.8, 10.7, 10.6 etc.)

----------

Additionally, now that we are at 10.9... this sorta leaves the door open to finally move to a, perhaps, johnny I've inspired OS 11, which will probably be extremely ios/icloud based.

nowhere to go from 10.9 other then 11.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
1st: This is only for developers, and i doubt that 99 percent of the MacRumors.com visitors are developers.
2nd: Many users use iOS devices to view MacRumors.com. Mavericks DP2 updates are useless for them.

If you have additional questions, use this forum:
https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/site-and-forum-feedback.66/

1st: iOS beta is only for developers, and i doubt that 99 percent of the MacRumors.com visitors are developers.
2nd: Many users use OS X devices to view MacRumors.com. iOS Beta 2 updates are useless for them.

:rolleyes:

Yep... :confused: :rolleyes:

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Additionally, now that we are at 10.9... this sorta leaves the door open to finally move to a, perhaps, johnny I've inspired OS 11, which will probably be extremely ios/icloud based.

There is always the possibility of 10.10 :rolleyes:

nitrokev

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
you could just refer to it as 10.9 (10.8, 10.7, 10.6 etc.)

----------

Ummmmm 10.10 10.11 10.12 10.13 apple have gone past a .9 in the past so nothing stopping them doing it again it is not a decimal number.

loxal

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Free Mavericks copy for Mac OS X devs?

Will devs with an Apple Developer Network subscription receive a free copy of Mavericks once it's released? I mean after installing the 5. Preview there might be the final version and Apple cannot let the devs with a possibly vulnerable preview version?

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Will devs with an Apple Developer Network subscription receive a free copy of Mavericks once it's released? I mean after installing the 5. Preview there might be the final version and Apple cannot let the devs with a possibly vulnerable preview version?

Probably when the GM hits the dev center you still can run that version but when you need to clean install your mac might need to buy it or redownload from dev center until it's removed.
When Mav hits retail mountain lion will disappear from the dev portal too.

edit:
You will get a redeem code for the appstore.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.