Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
3rd gen shuffle with a pair of Bose headphones, clips to the arm of my shirt, sweatproof headphones, really easy to use, works brilliantly, nothing to cock it up or get int he way.

are those bose headphones good?

they expensive just to use at the gym

----------

what's the best in ear headphones to use with the shuffle?

i dont like the apple ones that come with it. they fall out easily and plus its not good for isolating sound.

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
are those bose headphones good?

they expensive just to use at the gym

what's the best in ear headphones to use with the shuffle?

i dont like the apple ones that come with it. they fall out easily and plus its not good for isolating sound.

Depends how often you go to the gym. I paid £95 for them. I got to the gym three times a week. That is 60p per use for a year, and they isolate the noise beautifully, do not fall out and sound brilliant. I think its a pretty worthwhile investment, comparable to the B&W P3's I use whilst commuting and travelling.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Depends how often you go to the gym. I paid £95 for them. I got to the gym three times a week. That is 60p per use for a year, and they isolate the noise beautifully, do not fall out and sound brilliant. I think its a pretty worthwhile investment, comparable to the B&W P3's I use whilst commuting and travelling.

put on weight so i am gonna go a lot lol!
yeah i was thinking of getting good ear phones but wasnt sure about the bose

are you talk about the sport bose ie2's? they are green colour?
the bose website prices them at £105.
do you use them with your shuffle?

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
put on weight so i am gonna go a lot lol!
yeah i was thinking of getting good ear phones but wasnt sure about the bose

are you talk about the sport bose ie2's? they are green colour?
the bose website prices them at £105.
do you use them with your shuffle?

Yes, I am. I have the orange, but they are functionally the same.
I shopped around.
Yes, I use them with my shuffle, as stated in my first post.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
iPod shuffle hands down.

I clip it on my t-shirt and don't even notice it's there, seriously.

While I'm bench pressing, running on the treadmill, boxing, lifting dumbells.
That's plus the EarPods, it feels like if apple had "gym" in mind when designing the shuffle and earpod lol

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I am joining soon and don't own any ipod

I was wondering what is the best ipod to use for the treadmill, exercise bike etc....

I was thinking of getting a classic also for everyday use?

Well depends on how much music you want at the gym get a nano if you want to hold more music and have a screen but if you are only going to be doing a few albums or maybe just a few playlists and are ok with syncing to you computer a lot the shuffle is the way to go. I would not recommend using an iPod classic for working out as it would put to much damage to the hard drive.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
I use an older iPod Nano (4th or 5th Gen). It is a square on with a touch wheel.

With that said, I recommend an iPod Shuffle. The Shuffle will clip to whatever clothing you are wearing. With the Nano, you need a pocket or you need one of those arm bands.

I've tried resting the Nano on the treadmill and that will work if you are just walking. But if you are jogging, you'll need to have it on you.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
iPod shuffle hands down.

I clip it on my t-shirt and don't even notice it's there, seriously.

While I'm bench pressing, running on the treadmill, boxing, lifting dumbells.
That's plus the EarPods, it feels like if apple had "gym" in mind when designing the shuffle and earpod lol

are the EarPods good for running

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Gotta chime in here the 6th gen nano is where it's at,it has a screen so no blind music,great battery life,light and also has a clip.I work outside so I listen to music all day and I have carried my 6th gen nano with me on my necklace style case with some EarPods for a year and it's held up 1000% now yes you may have other needs but just a suggestion

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Gotta chime in here the 6th gen nano is where it's at,it has a screen so no blind music,great battery life,light and also has a clip.I work outside so I listen to music all day and I have carried my 6th gen nano with me on my necklace style case with some EarPods for a year and it's held up 1000% now yes you may have other needs but just a suggestion

are the EarPods good?

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Yeah I like EarPods they don't hurt your ears , they stay in pretty good and the dang cable isn't gonna rip easily or one day the left ear goes out and wiggles in and out and even if it did they have a 1yr warranty when new.I yank pull cords on mowers ,weedeaters,sump pumps,blowers etc all day long and my headphone cables always seem to get in there and get pulled one way or the other and these EarPods have held up as where I was going through a low quality pair once a week (seriously I bought 5. Pair at a time) the 6th gen nano has also endured this with no cracks and great battery life it has NEVER went dead on me ( I charge nightly) and it's right here clipped on my jacket while I take lunch break beside a tree in 40 degree weather lol

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
iPod nano 7th gen

I recommend the iPod nano 7th gen for the gym because it is small and lightweight and has Nike + built in (no need to buy accessories to use nike + unlike all other iDevices that you must buy a sensor for) so it can track your workouts and calories. The iPod nano 7th gen has an easy to navigate user interface vs the 6th gen nano and the shuffle. Also the nano has built in radio(no other ipod has the radio without wifi).

Problems with other ipods...
shuffle- although it is small it can only hold 2GB of songs(not many at all) and is extremely hard to navigate

touch- although the touch can do much more than any of the others, it has no built in nike + support and it is very big when it is in your pocket while running.

classic- like the touch, the classic is big and clunky and doesnt have flash storage meaning if you drop it even once the hard drive will break and you wont be able to use it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.