Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyMoore

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
My update is stuck at the "Completing Installation" screen with "Less than a minute remaining". Been stuck here for close to 15 minutes. :confused:

bolen

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Sweden
Will devs with an Apple Developer Network subscription receive a free copy of Mavericks once it's released? I mean after installing the 5. Preview there might be the final version and Apple cannot let the devs with a possibly vulnerable preview version?

Historically, at least with Lion and Mountain Lion, developers could generate a Mac App Store redemption code in the dev center. I bet it will be the same this time around..

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Ummmmm 10.10 10.11 10.12 10.13 apple have gone past a .9 in the past so nothing stopping them doing it again it is not a decimal number.

They've gone passed .9 in updates like 10.4.11 or whatever. There wasn't OS 9.11 or anything like that. 10.10 just sounds dumb, but I guess we won't know until next year.

dempson

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Wellington, New Zealand
When Mav hits retail mountain lion will disappear from the dev portal too.

Probably not. Apple has full installers of all recent major versions of OS X available for paid members of the Mac developer program to download. (I expect they are also available for iOS developer program members.) The developer agreement permits their use for development purposes, not for general use.

Right now, Mac developers can download full installers of 10.5 and 10.6, and get App Store redemption codes for 10.7 and 10.8. Server editions are also available.

10.4 and earlier are not available for download, but they date back to the era when Apple was sending OS installers to developers on DVD, so they might never have been available to download.

When 10.9 is released, I expect that 10.5 through 10.8 will still be available to Mac developers.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
My update is stuck at the "Completing Installation" screen with "Less than a minute remaining". Been stuck here for close to 15 minutes. :confused:

Mine stalled for a while right after that screen and was just showing a blank screen forever. I probably waited 30 minutes then I hit the power button and it put the system to sleep, so I pressed it again to get the system back on, and the second time held it a little longer and got it to restart via the menu that popped up. An error came up asking me to report to Apple and then the system rebooted. Interestingly it created a new user folder so I had to go through all the steps and boot up once more, before finally deleting that extra account. Now everything is up and running normal. So there does seem to be an issue with the update for some of us. Try hitting your power button and be prepare for a similar experience as me.

AndyMoore

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
I decided to hit the reboot shortly after posting, it all turned out ok. :)
Didn't get an extra user account though, that's different.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
you could just refer to it as 10.9 (10.8, 10.7, 10.6 etc.)

----------

Additionally, now that we are at 10.9... this sorta leaves the door open to finally move to a, perhaps, johnny I've inspired OS 11, which will probably be extremely ios/icloud based.

nowhere to go from 10.9 other then 11.

The same way we have a Jony Ive inspired iOS 7? No thank you.

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
They've gone passed .9 in updates like 10.4.11 or whatever. There wasn't OS 9.11 or anything like that. 10.10 just sounds dumb, but I guess we won't know until next year.

It's because it sounds dumb that Apple doesn't use the numbers anymore. The number is just a version number that is needed. But Apple doesn't talk about "OS X 10.9" in its communication. It's all about "OS X Mavericks". That happens to be 10.9.

So next year, it will be all about "OS X Some-other-Californian-landmark". That happens to be 10.10. Big deal.

Last edited:

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB

I think OS X has become more than just a number. It's a brand. So 10.10 and 10.11 and 10.12 are likely to continue on as inward facing company code numbers while Apple externally continues with OS X <insert California location here>.

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
No iBooks but glad to see the "Send to iPhone" now works with Maps. That is such a good feature.

This doesn't work for me. Do you have to enable it somehow?

Also, this happens after I've inserted my password to activate iCloud Keychain. Can't close the window without force quit, which deactivates iCloud Keychain.
icloud.png

Last edited:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
did they fix the wifi issue?

my retina mbp would disconnect every other minute while still showing connected

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
1st: This is only for developers, and i doubt that 99 percent of the MacRumors.com visitors are developers.
2nd: Many users use iOS devices to view MacRumors.com. Mavericks DP2 updates are useless for them.

If you have additional questions, use this forum:
https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/site-and-forum-feedback.66/

Your first argument is moot seeing as OS X and iOS Developer Previews are intricately tied together and if one gets front page most certainly the actual OS that allows the iOS to exist should supercede it.

rdinterman

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Keychain

This doesn't work for me. Do you have to enable it somehow?

Also, this happens after I've inserted my password to activate iCloud Keychain. Can't close the window without force quit, which deactivates iCloud Keychain.Image

This happened to mine as well, after force quitting a couple of times and rebooting, all was well.

Yidahoo

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2013
Airplay

I have found Airplay has been enabled on my 2009 Mac Pro with Preview 2. Something that has not been available before

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
wow, Dev2 really broke mission control on both my computers, when adding "spaces" and then swipe to one of those spaces, the clock, wifi icons and yeah, every icon in the top right corner is gone, they only show up on the first "space".

And if i am on "Space 2" and press on the dock icon, nothing happens, it refuses to move to the active window in a different space, and yes, i have checked the checkbox in Mission Control settings.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Ummmmm 10.10 10.11 10.12 10.13 apple have gone past a .9 in the past so nothing stopping them doing it again it is not a decimal number.

Lets be honest here, Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks are just small incremental updates. OS X clearly has not been a priority hence why each 'new' OS since Snow Leopard has been nothing more than a bunch of improvements & a scattering of new features.

I honestly believe they are busy working on a new operating system that somehow will be a fusion of OS X & iOS and will work across all Apple devices, be it Macs or 'i' devices. I don't even think it will be called OS 11, it will probably be called something entirely different.

Having just one OS to maintain & support just makes sense. I would hope that it will be adaptable and more feature-rich for Macs, but that's for Apple to figure out.

OMCS

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
London
I can't do it at all either but in 10.8.4. Is that normal?

You're supposed to be able to access the dock in fullscreen by moving the mouse just beyond the edge of the screen (bottom, left, right) the dock usually sits at. Unfortunately; DP 2 of Mavericks seems to have broken this, it's worked fine for me since Lion until I upgraded last night.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
You're supposed to be able to access the dock in fullscreen by moving the mouse just beyond the edge of the screen (bottom, left, right) the dock usually sits at. Unfortunately; DP 2 of Mavericks seems to have broken this, it's worked fine for me since Lion until I upgraded last night.

Working just fine for me...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 6.17.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 6.17.33 AM.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 320
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.