Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Can someone here post a snapshot of how the photo app's places look like? I heard that Apple made some changes to the photo app and I'm not sure how it looks like now. Currently in iOS 6, the places shows a map and then there are red dots showing where my geotagged photos are. I love this feature as I can use it as a presentation for my photos. Surprisingly, iPhoto's geotag view only shows 1 photo at a time unlike the Photo app, which is one reason why I did not purchase iPhoto.

I have both an iPhone 5 and iPad 4 so if someone here can show the screenshot for places from both devices would be greatly appreciated!

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Similar, but, different.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Thank you so much for your response!

So I'm guessing that places no longer exist then?

Is there any way to see all of my geotagged photos in the app?

How does collections work? Does the app automatically collate and organize the photos base by location?

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Thanks for the responses guys.

Is it safe to say that the previous feature with the map view is now gone? Is there any other way to get all of my geotagged images to show up on the map simultaneously?

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Is it safe to say that the previous feature with the map view is now gone? Is there any other way to get all of my geotagged images to show up on the map simultaneously?

I was able to get multiple photo pins to show up, is that what you meant?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372247203.247519.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372247203.247519.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 144

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Yea! Is it possible to get all of my geotagged images to show up?

In the collections view it shows a list of locations just above the photos, you can tap that to show the photos in that collection on the map. If you zoom right out to the years view then you can do this to see photos from a whole year. but I don't think you could see photos from multiple years at the same time this way.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
In the collections view it shows a list of locations just above the photos, you can tap that to show the photos in that collection on the map. If you zoom right out to the years view then you can do this to see photos from a whole year. but I don't think you could see photos from multiple years at the same time this way.

That's a pretty massive disappointment. Can you confidently say that there's no way to see all of my geotagged images in the map like how I can with iOS 6?

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
That's a pretty massive disappointment. Can you confidently say that there's no way to see all of my geotagged images in the map like how I can with iOS 6?

Not confidently, all my geotagged photos are from 2013 so they are all in a single collection anyway... Also it's still beta so anything could change...

JamesBond13

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
REALLY fuming !!

Having updated iphone late last night; I'm now coming across all of the subtle (and not so subtle) nuances that have been ushered in with IOS7 ...Needless to say; as a big lover of foreign travel and photography; I've always REALLY loved the ability to be able to see all of th3 40 or so different countries i've been to over the many years .....to NOT be able to see all of this on ONE map is a MASSSIVE dissapointment !!!!

I'm soooo unbelievely NOT impressed ..it seems like a step backwards - not forwards :mad:

Yeh sure you can see the locations in one album... but, the previous did that anyway AND a lot more

Urghh ..fuming !!! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.