Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
I just installed iOS 7 beta 2 for my iPad mini version A1432 and it bricked my iPad. Restored it and repeated it again with no success. Anyone know what could be problem?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I just installed iOS 7 beta 2 for my iPad mini version A1432 and it bricked my iPad. Restored it and repeated it again with no success. Anyone know what could be problem?

Then it didn't brick your Mini. Try using the right term. :rolleyes:

knightfolk

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2010

The fact that you used the term "bricked" suggests that you have no clue what you are doing and should have waited for the GM to be released.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Stay far away from this beta since presumably you couldn't follow simple directions. While we're at it, stay far away from the computer too.

musukosan

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Puyallup, WA
Yeah, I've noticed that the word "bricked" has been thrown around recently, quite frequently, with no regard to what it actually means.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I'm sure if it's actually bricked your device (which it appears it hasn't), then a quick visit to apple with proof of your iOS developer status (which you probably don't have) will result in a swap out.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Yeah right. Whatever fellas. Simple wording turned ladies to haters. What you know about life..

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah right. Whatever fellas. Simple wording turned ladies to haters. What you know about life..

I know you're missing a word or two here. ;)
So restore your iPad to the last release (not beta) and try again?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Been flashing ever since. Android and iOS. The word brick was the quickest I could type while pushing my cl500 with enormous speed. What I meant was iPad got stuck on apple logo. But no to worry smart ass. I repeated the process and it worked out 2nd time. But this time cos of installing from new.

LOL. Hulk smash keyboard.

But is this supposed to be impressive? You're supposedly (probably not) posting to a forum while driving (probably not) a cl500 (probably not at all) at enormous speed (highly unlikely)?

So the iPad is all good and it works well? The first time was probably user error ... enormous speeds do that. Next time I suggest installing as new over update if you're unsure how to work with a beta version.

And don't call people smart asses, this site doesn't take kindly to that crap.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
LOL. Hulk smash keyboard.

But is this supposed to be impressive? You're supposedly (probably not) posting to a forum while driving (probably not) a cl500 (probably not at all) at enormous speed (highly unlikely)?

So the iPad is all good and it works well? The first time was probably user error ... enormous speeds do that. Next time I suggest installing as new over update if you're unsure how to work with a beta version.

And don't call people smart asses, this site doesn't take kindly to that crap.

How would u call this "child critics" then? We all knew what I meant but putting someone low is commonly happening "here" thankfully to those smart a***. Between advise and critic there is a big difference. Get a life or shut up ya smarties.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Been flashing ever since. Android and iOS. The word brick was the quickest I could type while pushing my cl500 with enormous speed. What I meant was iPad got stuck on apple logo. But no to worry smart ass. I repeated the process and it worked out 2nd time. But this time cos of installing from new.

I wasnt trying to be smart, i was trying to be funny. :)

PS: Im writing this while pushing my F430 with near warp drive speed while blowing my nose with 1000 dollar bills. :D

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I'm sure if it's actually bricked your device (which it appears it hasn't), then a quick visit to apple with proof of your iOS developer status (which you probably don't have) will result in a swap out.

It doesn't matter wether you are a developer or not, you are not going to get support at the store for hosing your device installing IOS7. You can't even get support from the developer portal, other than opening a support ticket, which is a waste of time for this kind of issue. You have to figure it out yourself, and yes, I am a developer.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I just need to know..were you also trying to install ios7 while pushing that there CL500 at enormous speed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.