Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I have placed an order for an individual apple developer account (iOS) and I finally got a mail indicating an activation code today. But when I try to activate, it didn't go through and now when I try to visit "Member Center", I get the following message in a yellow background.

Contacting Your Reference
We are contacting the reference you provided to verify that you have the authority to act on behalf of your company/organization and to enter your company/organization into legal agreements.

Is this normal ? :confused:

heyadrian

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2011
No this isn't normal.

There's only 2 different ways you get the 'reference message' up:

1) If you sign up for a Business account
2) If you sign up for an individual account, but on behalf of somebody else

If I were you, if it's not either of the 2 above, I'd personally contact your local Developer Centre Contact Number:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.php

And ask them to check into it. Personally it would be MUCH quicker if you asked them to revoke the account (if you haven't already paid for it) and reapply for it taking special precaution to click on the right checkboxes.

Cheers,

A

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
Same issue

I know this post is a few weeks old
I am having the exact same issue,I just wanted to know did ya'll get yours resolved.
Thanks

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Call them. Apple account support requests via email take around 3 weeks. I know this from experience.

okboy

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
Just wanted to share that I have the same issue.

Last edited:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Did you sign up for an individual or company account (one requiring a DUNS number)? Do your names and addresses all match exactly (D&B or credit report, payment account, Apple ID, and contact info)?

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I know this post is a few weeks old
I am having the exact same issue,I just wanted to know did ya'll get yours resolved.
Thanks

Hi, my account got processed successfully and its already about to expire it now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.