Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
So, now that beta 2 is out, we can start looking forward to beta 3. :cool:

Do you think we'll be looking at another two weeks, longer, or shorter? Cult of Macs predictions say July 10th which is two weeks and two days...

We can use this thread to discuss beta 3.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
i have problems playing video in an app called 'free video' and it is annoying, but it cant compare to what they fixed in beta 2.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
My bet is that beta 3 is not going to take 2 weeks, it will be out sooner, possibly next week.

There's a major bug when updating to beta 2 without restoring as a fresh iphone.

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
My bet is that beta 3 is not going to take 2 weeks, it will be out sooner, possibly next week.

There's a major bug when updating to beta 2 without restoring as a fresh iphone.

NO theres not, I sure as hell haven't had a major bug and I updated without restoring as a fresh phone

Last edited by a moderator:

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
NO theres not, I sure as hell haven't had a major bug and I updated without restoring as a fresh phone

I got screwed in it.
I got ota notification. I downloaded it. When I woke up it told me its ready to install.

But it would reboot phone and get stuck at install. Nothing could help and screen would be stuck on that.

Finally I had to visit local apple store where they happily restored my phone back to 6.1.4

robwilson

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2012
I got screwed in it.
I got ota notification. I downloaded it. When I woke up it told me its ready to install.

But it would reboot phone and get stuck at install. Nothing could help and screen would be stuck on that.

Finally I had to visit local apple store where they happily restored my phone back to 6.1.4

I used xcode to install the first beta and did the ota on this one, no issues...its a wonder the apple store helped you. You probably go a bad download.....:D

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
If there was a major bug it would be all over this forum, which is it not.

It is in the dev forums.

----------

If you are a developer you only need to visit the developer forums. If you had you'd know how huge this bug is.

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
I used xcode to install the first beta and did the ota on this one, no issues...its a wonder the apple store helped you. You probably go a bad download.....:D

Hello,
I really got kind soul at apple store.
I agree.

Will download full ipsw and then try.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Yet tons of people here and many other places online have upgraded to beta 2 and using it just fine without restoring or anything like that. So, if there is an issue, it doesn't exactly seem like a major one (at least in the sense of how common/widespread it is).

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
I got screwed in it.

You just got impatient. It took 30 minutes on the iPhone4 install to finish after it started. But I slowly watched the progress bar creep until it finished. Figured it had a lot to repair being a delta update. The iPhone 5 took about 5 or 10 minutes for the install after download was complete.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
As someone who uses a passcode, quick reply or anything quick from a lock screen is pointless. I think the passcode is far more important.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
As someone who uses a passcode, quick reply or anything quick from a lock screen is pointless. I think the passcode is far more important.

Maybe there can be a setting to allow Quick Reply from the lock screen like with Control Center.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011

What is the bug? I did the OTA update to beta 2 and it's been great. Better overall performance than beta 1, especially battery life.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Maybe there can be a setting to allow Quick Reply from the lock screen like with Control Center.

Maybe, but eventually and especially with messages, you're defeating the purpose. If you turn on everything to access via lock screen passcode or not, then why bother with a passcode at all?

----------

Quick reply from inside an app is what we want.

Explain, please.

----------

It is in the dev forums.

----------

If you are a developer you only need to visit the developer forums. If you had you'd know how huge this bug is.
Umm are you sure? I had no issue.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
For example: I get a text while in Safari, I should be able to just reply from right there and send my message. I shouldn't be pulled OUT of Safari and into Messages.

Oh! that would be nice. I honestly couldn't follow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.