Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
Not sure if covered or not but the Mrs just discovered that you can stream films & tv shows straight from the cloud without downloading them.

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 126

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Not sure if covered or not but the Mrs just discovered that you can stream films & tv shows straight from the cloud without downloading them.

Dave

I found this out yesterday. Probably in my list of top 5 favorite features.

Also, hope this makes its way to GM.

bobbba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Tried it and it worked but got a storage space warning just after it started. I wonder how much it needs and if it auto deletes the film afterwards.

PrometheusGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Are you sure it's real streaming and not playing while it downloads?

Was going to ask this too. This is how it works on iOS 6 too... It begins downloading. And you can start watching it right away. Not streaming, but watching while downloading.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
It seems it works like iTunes Match - not actual streaming only. It downloads too . I did a few tests - had 7 GB free on my iPhone then 'played' two films (scrubbing through them to view different parts), checked free space after this and it was 2.9GB free. Conclusion - it downloaded both the films in the background. Shame it is not 100% streaming.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
It seems it works like iTunes Match - not actual streaming only. It downloads too . I did a few tests - had 7 GB free on my iPhone then 'played' two films (scrubbing through them to view different parts), checked free space after this and it was 2.9GB free. Conclusion - it downloaded both the films in the background. Shame it is not 100% streaming.

Thanks for testing... It figures it's too good to be true (streaming)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.