Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gambot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Well i'm looking to replace my macbook with a tablet since the macbook is a bit to big and it gets very hot. I got a Ipad 1 but its filled with kid apps and i really like to have a own tablet and have movies/series on it.

So my question: I often looking at a serie (on tv-links) and surf the web on the same time in 2 small windows. Can any tablet replace a computer on this?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Well i'm looking to replace my macbook with a tablet since the macbook is a bit to big and it gets very hot. I got a Ipad 1 but its filled with kid apps and i really like to have a own tablet and have movies/series on it.

So my question: I often looking at a serie (on tv-links) and surf the web on the same time in 2 small windows. Can any tablet replace a computer on this?

Galaxy tab or note 10.1

ammarr

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
Note 8 does this as well. This is a very useful feature that few people seem to know about. I was in the market for a new tablet and this feature was enough to convince me to get the Note 8. Once you get used to it, you won't want to use any other tablet. Watch a video and take notes.. stream a game and continue browsing, etc etc. Just awesome.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011

I got a Ipad2 to day, but its really filled with kid apps. I like to be able to have tv-shows like walking dead etc on it and well does arent very kid friendly.
So i have decided to buy a own tablet!
from here

WUT? :confused: ;)

BTW: as much as I don't see the Idea of Multitasking on my iphone (giving 2" per App ;)), it's one of the things holding me back from getting an iPad..

Last edited:

madgibbon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2013
I have a Windows 8 tablet as well as an iPad. Multitasking on the Windows 8 tablet is far better than any other tablet (I've also owned a Note 10.1). Even the "Metro" interface can display two applications side by side in a touch friendly way.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have a Windows 8 tablet as well as an iPad. Multitasking on the Windows 8 tablet is far better than any other tablet (I've also owned a Note 10.1). Even the "Metro" interface can display two applications side by side in a touch friendly way.

Don't you find the 1/3 2/3 split cramped? I'd prefer to have two apps split the screen in portrait.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010

The other posters are right - a lot of other devices do offer these features. The problem is, the screen is so cramped that you end up more annoyed than you were with just one app on at the same time. Plus, they're not running iOS, and they're missing the build quality of an Apple device.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

All I can suggest is go try a tablet out now that has multitasking capability and see how you feel about it.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The other posters are right - a lot of other devices do offer these features. The problem is, the screen is so cramped that you end up more annoyed than you were with just one app on at the same time. Plus, they're not running iOS, and they're missing the build quality of an Apple device.

I disagree. I never felt cramped using Quasar on my iPad 2. I'd imagine it wold even be better with a Retina display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.