Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
My trusty Logitech Rumblepad 2 used to work great in FlatOut 2, but now it acts crazy and I can only turn right. It still works fine with other games. I've tried installing the game fresh in a new user account, and tilting the sticks to recalibrate--no help.

I'm wondering if the December update has something to do with it. Can anyone still use a gamepad to steer the latest version of FlatOut 2?

Any other reasons why a gamepad might go crazy in just one game? (I've disabled everything USB-related. I'm on Lion.)

TIA!

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
My trusty Logitech Rumblepad 2 used to work great in FlatOut 2, but now it acts crazy and I can only turn right. It still works fine with other games. I've tried installing the game fresh in a new user account, and tilting the sticks to recalibrate--no help.

I'm wondering if the December update has something to do with it. Can anyone still use a gamepad to steer the latest version of FlatOut 2?

Any other reasons why a gamepad might go crazy in just one game? (I've disabled everything USB-related. I'm on Lion.)

TIA!

I have the retail version which is 1.0.3 which was updated like 1 and a half ago for Lion. It of course, works with the same gamepad you have. My guess is your right, they broke something in the latest update.

What I would suggest is buying a joystick mapper. There is one in the App store for 4.99 currently.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Thanks for the test. I love ControllerMate for remapping and customizing controllers and simulating keystrokes, but in this case what I need is the full analog control of the joysticks--which no longer seems possible.

But if it's just me seeing this problem (with the latest App Store version, 1.0.5) I might need to dig deeper. (I also reported the bug in case the company finds an issue.)

robegian

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
FlatOut 2 used to be one of my favourite games. A recent upgrade messed up the Logitech Formula Force EX support, since I can't use this wheel anymore with FlatOut 2 — when I try to configure it in the "Configure Control" page, most controls aren't recognised (i.e. the brake pedal), and when I try to use the wheel in a race, even the recognised controls behave awkwardly.

I reported the problem to Virtual Programming Support Desk, which replied promptly and looked supportive. The problem is, not many people reported these problems — in fact, this is an excerpt of Support Desk's reply: "I expect we'll have to add information about this specific wheel to the game as a wholly separate set of code, as it can't be generalized. You provided enough information to make it, and I have it all noted a thing to do. Unfortunately, with the deadlines we're currently trying to meet, and with the fact that no one else opened a ticket about this issue previously, this isn't likely to happen soon. I'm sorry."

So my advice is: report problems to Virtual Programming Support Desk, maybe if they receive enough reports, they'll take some action:
https://vpltd.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.