Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
It arrived today in good order via FEDEX.

The last laptop I owned was a 2008 MBP 15". I didn't have any complaints about that one and though I've only had the new one on for about an hour, it seems pretty good, too.

I apparently have the LG screen. It looks at least as good as the screen on my old MBP, maybe a little brighter. The "color balance" looks ok to me. At the moment, I'm watching Blade Runner on it via VLC.

I noticed the two microphone holes on the port side of the MBA. I can't recall ever using the the microphone on my old MBP or in fact any other laptop. So, there are "covers" available now at a discount that cover one hole. What's the impact of that? What if I decide to use the mike and one hole is covered? Half the volume? :D

Anywhere, so far, so good. Got the I7 CPU with 8 GB of ram and 256 GB of flash storage.

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
I noticed the two microphone holes on the port side of the MBA. I can't recall ever using the the microphone on my old MBP or in fact any other laptop. So, there are "covers" available now at a discount that cover one hole. What's the impact of that? What if I decide to use the mike and one hole is covered? Half the volume? :D

The dual microphone setup is for noise cancellation, so i guess it depends on how much the case itself covers up the other mic, and the impact on voice quality.
I think this should not be an issue when at home, where you have less ambient noise but being somewhere where it is more noise it definitely can make a difference.

I have not tested the voice/mic so can´t confirm this, just my beliefs. :p

Anywhere, so far, so good. Got the I7 CPU with 8 GB of ram and 256 GB of flash storage.
Nice, Great piece of hardware, Enjoy it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.