Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
I downloaded a video that had to be downloaded in 2 parts.. one file was a zip and the other a z01.. Each file was 235mb to make a 470mb movie. I tried using a program called split and concat to join the files together.. Everytime i do that it gives me a avi file of 4mb.. is there something i'm doing wrong? Or is there another app that could help me join these files together..

Thanks!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I downloaded a video that had to be downloaded in 2 parts.. one file was a zip and the other a z01.. Each file was 235mb to make a 470mb movie. I tried using a program called split and concat to join the files together.. Everytime i do that it gives me a avi file of 4mb.. is there something i'm doing wrong? Or is there another app that could help me join these files together..

Thanks!
You shouldn't have to join them manually. If you use The Unarchiver, it will recognize the split archive and reconstruct it, if it supports the method used to split it.

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
thanks for the response.. unarchiver wouldn't open it.. somehow i got stuffit finally opened it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.