Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
Why should I use the third best browser, i.e., Safari? Chrome and FFox are just better.
:eek:

Chrome is 32-bit and hogs RAM, and Firefox somehow manages to be slower than IE, at least on the three computers that I use. I thought Firefox was a lot faster :(

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
In Europe, any cloud will be a flop. You know: We are very afraid of your NSA organization.

Ha ha. Roll up roll up come and store your cloud data with Uncle Sam so we can snoop on all your secrets. I don't think so. At least the NSA can't hack into my portable flash drive while it's sitting in my pocket.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I've been trying this. It is VERY basic. Google Docs is far ahead. But this is just a beta of the first release. Maybe in a few years this will catch up to Google Docs.

Basic is flattering. It said to drop an Excel file onto the desktop to import it, so I did - a very simple one. It couldn't handle a simple list format.

Needs more development time - too bad iOS7 is getting all the love.

gluckett

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
Basic is flattering. It said to drop an Excel file onto the desktop to import it, so I did - a very simple one. It couldn't handle a simple list format.

Needs more development time - too bad iOS7 is getting all the love.

I doubt the same development staff works on both iWork and iOS. OSX and iOS likely, but not iWork.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Not interested in a web app. Are they finally going to update the OSX versions of iWork? That's all I'm interested in. It would be nice to finally drop Office as it's the last remaining MS product I use.

schizbomb

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Texas
I haven't ever bought a developer account, iOS or OSX, and I was invited to this beta last night.

edit: I did register for a free student account many moons ago and that appears to be why I got invited. Carry on.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
The beta program on http://beta.icloud.com is open to _anybody_ starting today. So no email required...

Are you sure?

I've tried going to beta.icloud.com on an iMac using both Chrome and Safari. I get the Beta login box (says beta in upper left). Using my AppleID I am then given the warning that a developer account is required.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Are you sure?

I've tried going to beta.icloud.com on an iMac using both Chrome and Safari. I get the Beta login box (says beta in upper left). Using my AppleID I am then given the warning that a developer account is required.
Same here. While I don't have much use for this at the moment, I'm kind of annoyed at having gotten an email about something I could test out only to be refused when I do attempt to test it out.

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
I've had a free (the basic unpaid developer level) for years and got the invite today. I signed in with no problems. My regular icloud account is under a different email address. I added that today as a free/unpaid developer account, but either the systems haven't synchronized yet or it really is being allowed by invitation only.

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
So is this going to fully replace the paid iWork suit?

I am about to buy it, I do not know what to do now. :confused:

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
This is good for me as I often get a pages document come across my desk which I struggle to open.

Other than that I doubt I'd use it.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
The beta program on http://beta.icloud.com is open to _anybody_ starting today. So no email required...

Open to anyone?

JcQa3eE.jpg

Ecofriend

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
Got my invite today and tried it out. This could really make working from the library or work a lot easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.